Expression pedal update

The primary focus for the pilot batch units would be for internal testing but depending on the quality we could reach out to see if any of you guys on the waiting list are interested in beta testing

Please put me on that list!

1 Like

Relax folks, this device won’t be out until Christmas 2025. Believe me, I’m a 2014 kickstarter.

5 Likes

Wow. Me too. 8 years.

2 Likes

If the pedal gets finished in 2024 it could be made with a special coating and have “Anniversary Edition” engraved.

3 Likes

Hi @James, can confirm there was a pre-order also for the expression pedal . I have a preorder confirmation dated October 3rd, 2018 (“Ships December 2018”). Perhaps that helps to put some comments here into perspective. I’ve been looking forward to this pedal for a long, long time. (edit: still waiting for my Dwarf as well)

2 Likes

I can understand the frustration. The company had different management at the time that was maybe a bit ambitious to say the least :sweat_smile: I’m just trying to clean up and tie up loose ends which I believe is finally happening. For the last 2 and a half years we have been juggling 3 products at the same time (all of which were started before I joined) and the expression pedal had to take the lowest priority because if we were to finish that it would mean neglecting the Dwarf and Duo X which would get us to a situation where MOD doesn’t exist. So please believe me when I say, we want it to be finished even more than you guys and we are doing it as fast as we can with the resources we have

Same goes for the Dwarf. I would love nothing more than to have all the kickstarter units shipped. I still don’t have one yet either :sweat_smile: They’re coming don’t worry !

10 Likes

Thanks for the candid reply, @james.

4 Likes

Hello James,

I send an email to support@moddevices.com (with MOD Devices’s pre-order confirmation email to prove it) but … no answer

Could you forward my demand, please !
Best regards
Arnaud

1 Like

@jon was away this week on vacation. There should be somebody in the office tomorrow who can respond :blush: I’ll pass the message on

3 Likes

Ok
Thank you James :+1:

2 Likes

@Arnow, I still didn’t reach your request in support, but I will try to do it either tomorrow or Wednesday the latest.
Sorry for the delay.

3 Likes

How’s the steel enclosure from the manufacturer? Also any idea when we’ll get a sneak peak of the pilot units? Very excited this getting realized.

2 Likes

I had a project manager from the UK (on a call with a bunch of Americans) proclaim that we’d have to, “suck it and see” regarding something we were unsure of. There was silence on the phone as we furiously typed to each other on IM trying to figure out what that meant.

2 Likes

that’s almost funny :slight_smile:
i’m in the same kickstarter boat

1 Like

The device will arrive before Christmas 2025! that would be far too painful for me to wait that long too :sweat_smile:
Alas, we don’t have the pilot units yet, but the gears are turning. Not much more I can say at this point

3 Likes

It is very comfortable not to have a deadline. I would like to work in the MOD team.

You could work at Tesla too :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t buy a tesla.

I promise you, I am not “very comfortable” in this situation :sweat_smile:

8 Likes