Expression pedal update

Hi everyone

This process with the Chinese supplier has been quite frustrating.

I’ve moved part of the production to Germany so that we can at least get samples in due time and then we move back to China once we have a finalised unit.

Yesterday Kaysser GmbH has approved our order and will take two weeks to send me the samples.

All other pieces are here, including a working firmware, so I am hoping that in two weeks I’ll be able to post here the first images of the Expression with news regarding production.

Fingers crossed :wink:

11 Likes

Very excited, thanks for keeping us posted!

Great news!

coming september my shipping adress will change. who do i get in contact with concerning this?
thanks.

anyway - really looking forward to recieving the pedal!!! :slight_smile:

You can send us a message at contact@moddevices.com with your new shipping address.

Cheers!

Woah! How could I miss this? Can I still jump on the train and preorder an expression pedal? I started looking for something like this for my DuoX, which is a crazy good tabletop device, but I need to have more control below the tabletop…

I’d be very surprised if this hasn’t come up internally, but I can’t be the only one who has had visions of the Stonehenge scene in “Spinal Tap”. With subtitles.

A little morning (for me) levity from the temporarily caffeine deprived old guy from Kansas City…

2 Likes

How’s it going with the samples?

2 Likes

Very bad :frowning:

Today we finally received samples from both the chinese and the german suppliers and they BOTH managed to get it wrong.

In Brazil we have an expression that’s quite appropriate for the feeling: “É de cair o cú da bunda” (translate if you dare)

I have already followed up with both and ordered new ones.

Here’s the drawing I sent and the picture of what I received. Can you guys believe it???

2 Likes

Actually I would have done it the same. You rotate the upper section down, you get the right bottom one. You rotate the right one to the left and you get the left section. Then you get the version you received.

1 Like

Right, but this depends on the region you are. AFAIK in America, they turn the other way round for projections…

I see. So you have to be clear about what you want. I just found out that there are symbols for that.

1 Like

a representation of an isometric view would solve.

What’s the latest?

firmware finalized, self-test too, and new samples arriving soon.
we found an issue where the pedal would be assignable to lists, a mod-os image update will have to fix that for control chain devices.
not sure if this really counts as news though…

3 Likes

News? It would be interesting to receive this year.

How is everything looking? Got the samples yet?

Thanks!

4 Likes

New ones arriving very soon, they were supposed to be in the office last week. It is late again, but it is explained by Chinese holidays last week.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Hi, just checking out on this :smiley:
looking forward patiently !

3 Likes