GUI not showing current settings of plugins. Showing default settings

Description

Plugins are not showing current settings when I open the GUI.
Seems to only happen on my plugin called Next Gen 2. It’s a very involved plugin (my main one) designed for my NS/Stick. Happens every time.
Doesn’t seem to happen on my other saved pedalboards.

How to reproduce

1. MOD is plugged into my computer via USB. web browser (Chrome) is not open.
  2. MOD has pedalboard “Next Gen 2” loaded. I created and saved this pedalboard.
  3. Open Chrome and enter address 192.168.51.1
  4. The GUI loads with the current pedalboard but all Plugins are showing default setting as if I had just loaded the plugin into the pedalboard. (For example: the top cabinet simulator should show A2 as the selected cabinet but it shows 4x12. All Gain knobs are set to the same level but are all set to different points.)

Expected/suggested solution

I expect that when opening the GUI it should show current settings.

Additional information

This doesn’t seem to change the settings. However, this is a problem if I want to make any changes because I don’t know what the current setting is.

I would like to share this pedalboard with you but I don’t want others to use it if there is issues with it. Let me know how I can share it with you.

• release:
  • controller:

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Mac
  • System version: El Capitan 10.11.6

So “Next Gen 2” is your own plugin, got a link to it?
Did you validate the plugin meta-data?

btw, you cannot share pedalboards if it contains plugins not available in the cloud.
this includes self-made plugins of course, as other users that want to try the pedalboard would have no way to install the new plugin…

@falkTX

No. Next Gen 2 is the name of the pedalboard I created. Not a plugin.
My pedalboard uses only plugins available through MOD.

@falkTX

I used the share function on the GUI so you can take a look at it.

I did another experiment.
Using the GUI, I opened this pedalboard. No issues showing all the correct setting.
Then, I refresh the page using my browser (Chrom). GUI now shows all default seeings on each of the plugins.

I hope this helps.

Ok I got it to reproduce.
This happens because a timeout is reached while waiting for the plugin resources to load on the browser.
It’s tricky because we don’t want to be waiting forever…

In any case, I’ve increase the timeout value (from 5s to 10s) for the next upcoming stable release (v1.0.6).
Please try it out when we release it, should only be a few days now.

A proper more robust solution will come later on, but we don’t want to change too much for 1.0 series and risking having new bugs.

I can confirm I have the same issue with pedalboards that contain a lot of plugins (> 10).

@falkTX
I’m glad you were able to reproduce and find a solution.
Thank you for your support!

@falkTX
I updated to the newest firmware 1.0.6 but the issue is still there.

I updated my pedalboard a bit. I shared it and called it Next Gen 2 Rev2.

It’s not a critical issue but… annoying…
I can get around it by saving the pedalboard and loading from Pedalboards Library.

Thank you for your continued support!