Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Hi Olivier. Welcome to the MOD community!

I guess it’s natural that beta plugins have things to improve and do not come along with presets - that’s why they are in the beta session.

It’s fantastic that you’re looking for more experimental units. As Azza pointed out, many of us here are enthusiastic about discussing new ideas. You can even create a thread to talk about yours or join one of the many existing ones.

Yes, I know about external MIDI controller and already use one but I’d preferde more knobbs on the MOD itself…

Also, I had a look at how to implement a Max MSP plug in but this is far too technical for me and I have unfortunately so little time to spend in my home studio beside my work and other activities that I will not even try and learn Mas MSP in deep…

I was talking of non-beta plug ins that also come very generally without presets… and without a proper documentation…

Sure, but you might be able to hook up with people here that would like to do the development work. If you are able to describe your ideas for processing with enough details, that might catch the interest of potential developers.

Hello everybody,
my name is detlef I am from düsseldorf - germany. I play bass and guitar in a rock & pop cover band and have experimented a lot with effect devices so far. In fact, I heard about ModDuo in a live session in Scott’s Base Lessons and was immediately interested in getting my hands on one of these devices. I have now my own device since a few days. I am very interested in “signature sound” boards with which well-known guitar sounds like AC / DC, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Steve Stevens etc… can be recreated.

3 Likes

Welcome !

we have a “Tone Challenge” section which is still at its beginning, but you can also contribute to it !

https://forum.moddevices.com/c/pedalboards/tone-challenge/26

Interested on becoming a Mod Duo user. Still deciding and have some questions.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Steve. Mod Duo user for maybe 6 months or so. Bassist and creator of ambient bass-sound-scapes kinda. Despite selling a bunch of pedals to buy a Mod, I still seem to keep buying pedals! It’s a disease… great to be part of this community and I’ve committed to contribute more in 2020.

7 Likes

Looks like I can’t create a new thread to discuss an idea of mine. So let’s start with an introduction lol
I’m David and don’t even own my Duo X yet but I’m already hyped. I bought this device because I want to try an interesting hack to expand the capabilities of this device. If this works, I’ll share it. I also hope that more DSP and plugin developers jumping on this train to vastly grow the ecosystem.

4 Likes

Oh yeah and it also seems like I can’t edit my posts yet… just wanted to add that I’ll use the Duo X to produce live electronic music.

4 Likes

Welcome @Klaustrophil !

And welcome @Oh_hello_its_Steve :smiley:

1 Like

@Klaustrophil sorry about the restrictions. We had problems with spam bots in the past and those restrictions are necessary to keep them away (seems to be working so far :smiley:).

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah that’s what I suspected :slight_smile:
Maybe you could be a bit more transparent about that with some kind of welcome message: “Welcome to our forums! Before you can use all features, please write a nice introduction of yourself here[link to this thread] or join an existing discussion.”

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

I’m James DeBono. As Gianfranco mentioned in the latest Expression Pedal update, I have been hired as a Product Design Engineer working in the Berlin office since January 2020.

I studied Product Design Engineering in Australia and have been working professionally since.

I was attracted Mod because I grew up playing guitar and building DIY effect pedal clones like a zvex Fuzz Factory with germanium diodes, an MXR phase 90 and a Rebote delay 3 to name a few. I was always obsessing over the best pedalboard setup with multiple effects loops and channel switches connecting to the amp with a cable snake containing about 6 cables :rofl: I was constantly chasing noise problems, trying to add in buffers everywhere and even designing my own power supplies to reduce ground loops. In the end I realised I was fighting a losing battle and one day I decided to sell all of my pedals and amps and embrace the digital world (since all my recordings end up digital anyway) and I have never looked back.

I continue to play music and continue to streamline my workflow. For me, getting to work on these products isn’t just a job, I’m getting the opportunity to contribute my knowledge and experience into a product that I inevitably will be using for my own music, so trust me when I say that I’m just as excited for each project to be finished as all of you!

I hope to be able to take some pressure off Gianfranco too which will allow us to all to progress much faster. My main goal right now is to deliver the Expression Pedal as soon as we can with the best quality and reliability possible. I’m also super excited to get to work on the Dwarf!

James

12 Likes

:love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:

Welcome James!

I’ve been looking at the Mod boxes for awhile but only with the announced Dwarf has the price point been something I felt would be OK. I have an Avid Eleven Rack for guitar and it’s well known to be weak in the FX area but has a switchable stereo loop. I’ve done some commercial FX design (all on the FV-1) and took some courses last year in Juce and Faust.

So I’m looking forward to trying to create some new intriguing sounds for electric guitar on this thing. Is there any hope to monetize such an activity? Not that I think I’m going to get rich from such a thing, just curious. I’ve already given away tons of my work.

Hi @Digital_Larry

Welcome to the community.

The pairing of the Dwarf with an Eleven Rack shall provide a killer setup!

Regarding the monetization, sure. We have a commercial section in the store and many plugins available. We provide a standard deal - 70% for dev and 30% for us - that is identical to the Google Play marketplace.

You can talk to @BramGiesen, our plugin manager, and he’ll provide you all the necessary information in regards to developing and selling plugins in the Plugin Store.

1 Like

Hello!

I have written a lot of effects in the ChucK langauge and am wondering if any other developers might be interested in helping to get ChucK in general running with the MOD platform such that effects written in ChucK might be implemented as MOD plugins.

3 Likes