Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone, I’m Loris. I await the arrival of the Dwarf in Italy to play lots of good music.

6 Likes

Hi Loris, hope that you can share some videos with us of the good music you will be making with the Dwarf as soon as you get your hands on it :wink:

hey, new forum user, not even a MOD owner yet.
I’m interested in either the Duo/DuoX/Dwarf but really, really trying to find out for real just how possible it is to use the Duo/DuoX as an audio interface with Ableton in windows.
I’ve seen some people talk about using JACK2 forWindows and then watched some youtube videos about it, (there are very few), but it didn’t exactly seem like any of the people using Ableton could get the Jack2 ports as an actual audio device without also using some other DAW running at the same time and sort of re-wiring the input through there. Let me know if you have some better info though! I’ve already searched the forum results for this and found nothing more conclusive (specially relating to Ableton). Thanks! Would be really psyched to get the Duo X if it turns out to be possible to do this Audio interface thing.

The Audio interface is planned for the Dwarf for a release after v1.10, likely v1.11 already, depends on how quickly (or not) we are able to get it working.
There is already some initial work and testing for it, but something that is not finalized yet.

Gotcha, yeah I saw it’s a billed feature on the Dwarf. Ideally I was hoping to find out it can be made to work on the DuoX through some Jack2 stuff on Windows. Have you heard of anyone succeeding at stuff like that?

Partial success on the Duo X (audio interface), but since it is not something we are focusing right now, not much to tell because information is only from quick tests.

The netjack is not the way to go, in my opinion, overly complex for users.
USB audio/midi interface is harder to do, but a lot more compatible afterwards.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone. I just ordered my bundle and I’m waiting to hear when it will ship. I’m eager to have a go with this device and join you in your enthusiasm for it. I’ve read wonderful things. Hope you’re all well and staying safe.

5 Likes

Hi, Daniel here from Spain! I try to do music “dawlessly” while everybody else at home is sleeping as a hobby, and I have a Duo (which I love) and a DuoX LE (which I also love, so much knobs to twist :slight_smile:) among other unnecessary (but highly addictive) pieces of gear.

Glad to be part of this community, I love the MOD Concept and I would like to contribute with everything I can!

6 Likes

Hi. I’m Julien.
I play guitare since 27 years now and I was looking for a guitar RIG for geek to replace my pedalboard who lacks of preset recall.
That’s done! I’ve bought a Mod Duo and I’m surprised and totally convinced it can do the job!

9 Likes

Hi - Randal Hicks from Appleton, Wisconsin in the US. Hobbyist bassist. Love the idea of the technology. Bought in on the Dwarf kickstarter. Patiently waiting for it to arrive so I can start to tinker and find my sound :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to this forum @Randalhicks, hopefully your Dwarf will be with you soon.
Until then and if you want to start thinking your sound before, feel free to ask questions here. The team and the community is always really supportive on this matters :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I’m happily joining the club, having received my mod duo x yesterday. I had been watching a lot of the YT vids and knew what to expect, but trying it out myself was still amazing. My head is exploding now with all the possibilities. Very inspiring.

I will be using it as an fx box on my synths for experimental / improvised EDM-ish live music (without sequencing). So I will hopefully be getting into less traditional, more complex sound territory.

My first goal is to keep the level of my stupid beginner’s questions as high as possible… grin:

Cheers from the Netherlands!
Clemens

5 Likes

Hi!
I’m still reading a lot and gather as much information as I can, but I’m hopefully going to be a ModX owner soon. I want the ModX to be some sort of interchangeable “mainbrain” between my guitar pedal and synth setup. It seems to be the perfect solution, as I want to achieve a very small footprint.

I’m curious about all the things that will be possible in the future!

3 Likes

Hi,
i am eagerly waiting for my mod dwarf (indiegogo). I’m a software developer, hobbyist musician (bass and synths) and long time linux user. I have little experience with audio programming - i only messed around with pure data a bit…
Seem to be a very nice community here.
Cheers

4 Likes

Dear MOD community,

my name is Andreas and I joined MOD last September as CPO, overseeing product creation and production.

I love making downtempo electronica. But I suck at playing my beloved old guitar, so no doubt Gianfranco will stay Chief Guitar Head at MOD. Worked 12 years in the green tech and smart home sector before I switched to music tech in 2017 to follow my passion.

As a user-centered product person, I’m grateful to see such a strong community here in the forum. Thank you all for your engagement! Until you feel annoyed, I’m also encouraging everybody in the team to gather even more of your input and feedback.

Since on-boarding, my focus is on delivering the MOD Dwarf. As you know, Covid related impacts are challenging us a lot on the hardware side of things. There is no instant solution, but I believe we will be getting there soon. I appreciate your understanding and patience.

When there will be room for big new things, I want to get in touch with you to discover fit to your needs. Already looking forward!

Cheers from Berlin,

Andreas

9 Likes

Hello there!
My name is Federico, I produce music as OORA.

I mostly play improvised sets with Synths and Octatrack. Also do a lot of contents on IG and youtube.

Just received the MOD DUO X and i am literally blown away. I am already revisiting my live setup using this thing to control my octa while using FXs. Also just read about future possibility of more input and that is the icing on the cake.

Will do many videos about that and hoping to be helpful for this community.

Ciao!

9 Likes

Hello this is Giordano, I’m a guitarist and I’m here to ask a few questions and possibly get a Mod duo X

1 Like

I don’t know why still can’t start a new topic… I post here for now

Hi All, thank you for accepting my request, I’m pretty new to Moddevices and not so familiar with the Mod Duo X, I want to get one… I hope in your kindness and patience to help me out understanding a few things.

firstly, why I’m considering Mod Duo X?
I’m a guitarist and I often travel, hence I need something smaller and lighter than my current setup.
I use a Guitar midi pickup (Fishman Tripleplay) and synth sound beside the classic low gain distorted sound with comp/reverb/delays (fusion, very pat Metheney), therefore a unit with enough DSP power is critical and ability to load Midi instrument to play directly synth sound without carrying computer and DAW to the stage.

questions:

1. would it work if connect my Fishman Tripleplay wireless Midi pickup receiver directly on the unit? or still I need to connect the receiver to the Mac and open the DAW? (the receiver it’s a USB receiver which I connect to the Mac and play the DAW Logic pro X instruments.

2. I believe the Mod Duo X also works also as Audio interface, how many USB (virtual) input and Output? (I don’t mean the physical?) I would like to understand if I can reamp easily, or also if I can record multiple tracks in real time…

i have a few other questions but I would love to hear feedback for these first…thic could be a game changer for me

thanks a lot :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
G

Hi Giordano, the reason why you could’t start a new post yet was simply that I was out of the forum and didn’t see your post (just now). The forum has an automatic system that if when your account is new and with little interactions it will allow you to do “less” here. This is simply a mechanism to avoid bots and spam. What we normally do is people asking here or directly to me and I update (by hand) your trust levels.

That said, on your questions (and as I answered you on Facebook group):

1. yes, you can use the triple play directly on the DuoX, there. All the devices (Duo, DuoX and Dwarf) have a USB MIDI host that can be used to connect any USB MIDI Controller. You can simply connect there the dongle from the Triple Play and you are ready to go! Actually “MOD father” @gianfranco

2. The DuoX doesn’t work yet as an audio interface. There are some experimental methods to get that done, but officially it does not support that. Yet, that improvement is planned for one of the next firmware releases ! :wink:

Go ahead and ask any other questions that you may have

After this welcome to our MOD family (and sorry the delay), I hope to welcome you on the devices family soon :slight_smile:

Best regards,
João

Hi I’m Simon, I’m new to this land of MOD, I’ve ordered a Dwarf and waiting more or less patiently for it to arrive :grin: I play bass and noodle around on guitar and keys, have a computing background and am thinking about trying to put together my own pedals - but it’s over 20 years since I last looked at programming in C, and 10 years since I seriously used Linux! Still it looks like I can have a lot of fun with a Dwarf out of the box, so I’ll see what happens.

4 Likes