List of feature requests (MOD Dwarf)

No worries. Thanks for sharing your inputs on this. It’s quite a big feature so inputs are really welcome!
I mapped them :wink:

I think It will be very useful to have an option in the PB to enable auto-mapping controls to Device. Not only in Mod-ui, but in the future PB building in the device itself.

For example, when you add a Plugin automatically maps the On/Off switch and the first 3xknobs on the first empty page.

Of course this is not for your main PB for gigs, but just for testing some Plugins it will be faster and easy… Or as a starting point.

I think some guys with a raspberry did something similar…

4 Likes

:scream: give us a link

3 Likes

je je don’t get me wrong, I’m really happy with my MOD, but before getting my Dwarf I played with a Raspberry and Mod-Ui… for a time I used a zynthian image which has an automapping function for modui, although not optimal because it maps everything, it also has a way to build effects in the device, Later I manage to build myself an updated mod-ui.

… but now a Real MOD is just another beast !!

4 Likes

Hi, on the Dwarf I would like to switch directly to a specific Page. Maybe with the help of some shift function and the three buttons or so. The scrolling through the pages via the A button toooo slow. And while I’m at it I wish for a custom page name and subpage name.

3 Likes

It’s funny that I started a new thread about this and @plutek put in the link to here…
I called it a cluster and couldn’t figure out what key words to use to find other discussions about this idea.

I’m glad it’s on the list of items but understand it may not be towards the top.

It would be great to even have some kind of way to select a string of connected plugins and make them into the size of just one small plugin to save space. From there, it would be great to save that cluster/block as it’s own thing like another plugin. It could be a black box but I know the mod guys have a style and will let us choose, or even create our own, graphic.

To take it a little further…
It would be great to be able to customize the settings we want to edit or hide settings we don’t use.
I can imagine the settings screen of these blocks could be really big and having difficulty finding the settings you change on the regular.

Anyway… just some of my thoughts…

6 Likes

Would be possible to add a led to switchtrigger4 to have a visual feedback on the active output?

Also is one of those plugins that are not shown on the plugins webpage. If I correctly recall, this problem has already been fixed for other plugins (maybe Titan?).

3 Likes

Don’t you have this skin ??
When it’s ON you got a the red line on the right becoming bright green.

2 Likes

No, it’s another plugin called switchtrigger4. With toggleswitch plugin you can have 4 outputs selected in parallel. With switchtrigger4 instead, you can have only 1 output selected.

3 Likes

Oh ! I’ve never seen this one ! Is it in beta ?
It seams like an evolution of the Switchbox 1-2 - MOD Devices, it would be great to have the same clear design like this :

And another one in stereo !!!

6 Likes

@redcloud isn’t this plugin in beta? That’s why it doesn’t appear on the website

4 Likes

Not sure if it has already been asked but I’d like to have a “scene template” or “sub-scene” that can be called by a custom switch and applied to current scene. The usage scenario is the following:

A. clean scene
B. crunch scene
C. rhythm scene
D. lead scene

For each scene I’d like to have a “sub-scene” that enables gain, disables delay and changes other parameters. Currently I have to duplicate all the scenes to have this possibility on all the scenes. And I need a bigger midi footswitch too to avoid jumping between pages.

2 Likes

A “morph” function (Kemper style) would be also useful.

What morph does is simply change a parameter gracefully.

Scene A: we have amp gain value = 50%
Scene B: amp gain value = 90%

Currently, switching scene A to B makes gain value changing directly from 50% to 90%. This creates some audio glitches often.
With morph function we could move from 50% to 90% at certain speed, interpolating values in between with a linear function.
Kemper allows value morphing in a 20 seconds range (more or less), so we could have the amp gain that moves from 50% (in scene A) to 90% (in scene B) in 3 seconds: 50% → 63.3% (after 1 sec) → 76.6% (after 2 sec) → 90% (after 3 sec).

7 Likes

You might be able to achieve this with the CV plugins. See what this user did for example: My new physical PedalBoard: Reduced to the max - #17 by Kim

6 Likes

Thanks but to me, it would be more useful as “general behavior” to apply on scene change.

7 Likes

Great feature request ! And beautiful way to engage it in the web-UI !

5 Likes

@redcloud do you mean something like the snapshots or something like the snapshots but also “snapshotting” the assignments. The second, I personally left a request for it a few weeks ago in our backlog.

I would say that this is a feature request for the feature that you asked before haha
For the morph, I would say that the CV plugins may help you like @unbracketed suggested (for now).

Overall (and being a simple user here) I would say that if these scenes include the assignments this is a really cool request. I must say that I’m not really a huge fan of the pagination system (and I guess the MOD Duo X is where I really get frustrated with it). When I’m building a pedalboard I try to make as many parameters as possible available from the device and by the end I always find myself questioning why I leave X parameter of Y plugin out and keep A parameter of B plugin. I feel that somehow if I could have snapshots of the assignments as well - maybe call it a scene makes sense - would make things way easier. That way I could have my EQ scene, my amps scene, my reverb scene, etc. and have all parameters of those effects available.

Am I going along your lines or am I just abusing your request to push my own and share a frustration that I have as a user? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

For “sub-scene” I mean a set of parameters that can be set to current scene by pressing a single footswitch.

Considering following base settings

Scene A: AMP(vol=1db), CHORUS(0db), TINYGAIN(0db)
Scene B: AMP(vol=2db), CHORUS(-1db), TINYGAIN(2db)
Scene C: AMP(vol=3db), CHORUS(-2db), TINYGAIN(4db)

sub-scene: CHORUS(-7db), TINYGAIN(9db)

No matter what scene is currently selected, I’d like to apply sub-scene settings to current scene by pressing 1 footswitch.

So if current scene is A, selecting sub-scene will apply (and overwrite) following settings
Scene A: AMP(vol=1db), CHORUS(-7db), TINYGAIN(9db)

Then I choose to select Scene B and settings would be AMP(vol=2db), CHORUS(-1db), TINYGAIN(2db)

Then I choose to apply sub-scene and settings would be AMP(vol=2db), CHORUS(-7db), TINYGAIN(9db)

Then I choose to select again Scene A and settings would be AMP(vol=1db), CHORUS(0db), TINYGAIN(0db)

So sub-scene is a “temporary” set of parameters that sits on the side and is ready to be applied to current scene on the fly by pressing a single footswitch.

I suppose it would be “easier” to implement with currently available features by letting call a set of presets assigned to a single footswtich.

So I can have a user preset UP1 for plugin A, a user preset UP2 for plugin B, another user preset UP3 for plugin C and I want to load all of them via a single footswitch, no matter what’s the currently selected scene.

5 Likes

The only problem I see here is that with more than 2 channels you have to cycle through all of them to reach the needed one.

1 Like

If I understand correctly, what you want is the current snapshot feature with the added ability of switching to an arbitrary snapshot with a single switch press. Is that correct? (aside from the “morph” behavior you mentioned)

1 Like