MIDI CC Actuator stops to work after first use

Description

I wanted to use a midi cc as an actuator for the first time. Midi Learn… worked as expected. But after I switched off the plugin with the Midi CC it doesn’t work anymore. So now I can’t turn on the plugin in the ui nor with my midi keyboard.

How to reproduce

1. Connect a plugin with midi input. I used Tubescreamer.
  2. Then do a Midi Learn… at On/Off switch (for example MIDI Ch.1 CC#0).
  3. Turn off the plugin with the button on your keyboard. → plugin goes off
  4. Try to turn it on again. → plugin doesn’t go on

Expected/suggested solution

One button of the midi keyboard can be used as on/off button of a plugin.

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• release: v1.0.3
  • controller: 7497014

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Linux
  • System version: Fedora 24

Would you be willing or able to help resolve this issue?

( x ) Yes
( ) No

It seems that it works never if it’s set to off at the start.

note that after you address a knob or switch you can no longer change its value using the web interface.
you’ll have to use the hardware.
when you remove the addressing you can change back the values using the web interface again.

what midi keyboard do you use?

maybe the button you’re pressing is always sending a value < 64, and thus always sending an ‘off’ value…

I’m using a M-Audio Oxygen 61. I remember there was a program that just shows every midi event on the terminal. Do you know the name?

that should be jack_midi_dump.

see if you can make it work, and then post here some example output for when you press the midi hw buttons.

You were right. The default behavior of the buttons is to send 0. You have to change every button to be a toggle… So there’s no bug. It’s just inconvenience.

Thank you!

Does this mean that the unit is programmable for sending CC or/and PC for any event with any CC or PC number?

You can program buttons, fader, etc. to send CCs with the number you want. And you can program buttons to send combined MSB, LSB, PC messages.You can program a button to send program bank increment and decrement.
I actually don’t know how MSB and LSB work. But I think you can send everything you need.