MOD - Audio to CV Pitch

That is correct. The generated sound only uses the pitch from the incoming audio and is entirely generated by the synth.

You have though, the option to mix them. One of the shared boards offers exactly that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was only the plugin connected to the CV outs on a MOD DuoX. That simple, I just wanted to check the straightforward ā€œtranslationā€.

1 Like

Hi thankyou. I realised after posting. I have the mod dwarf so not a feature I could use anyhow. But a great plugin just need access to midi :smile:

2 Likes

Wonderful!!!

Would you be so kind to write down a sort ov very simple breakdown/tutorial of the board usage and plugins inside for us poor guitarists little versed with sound synthesis???

2 Likes

If you use a Dwarf, a knob is configured to set the octave in the synth !
(and another is set to tune the 2nd oscillator, with half-steps frome 0 to +12)

2 Likes

There are videos coming for that @Tarrasque73 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

wonderful thanks!

2 Likes

You know, it might be a little over the top, but Iā€™m wondering if using this plugin, plus some clever cv-to-midi + midi loopback magick I could trigger snapshot/pedalboard changes by using notes played on the guitar itself. I know Guitarix or Rakarrack (donā€™t remember which) has something similar.

Iā€™ve only tried GSYNTH:Lead
Iā€™ll have a go at creating something more stripped back for the actual synth bass Iā€™m likely to use.
Good luck with youā€™re instrument - itā€™s a great voyage of discovery!

1 Like

I wonder if you could +12 step pitch shift on the audio signal, then -12 on the CV?

That sounded like a great idea @danmh but having tried it it didnā€™t improve the range and made the normal detection much more glitchy.

Nice thought though!

1 Like

Whatā€™s the difference between ā€œaudio to CV pitchā€ and ā€œaudio to CVā€ blugins?

The none-pitch plugin takes rhe dynamics of the signal, so you can change tremolo speed, or a wah, or any parameterā€¦ With the attack of your notes

It could be a good idea to rename this plugin Audio to CV - dynamics, no ?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame. Thank you for checking!

1 Like

@jesse and I had a chat about the names the other day. I was hoping to find a shorter, simpler name for ā€œaudio to CV pitchā€ but itā€™s a bit tricky. The ā€œAudio to CVā€ plugin does exactly that, itā€™s just a plug to a plug, so itā€™s hard to think of 2 simple names when both exist. Open to suggestions though

2 Likes

Thanks. Iā€™ll start there.

Thank you. Iā€™ve set out. Iā€™m travelling. Thereā€™s a great long road ahead - I hope! Iā€™m enjoying the journey. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I donā€™t own a MOD device (yet), but I do play the Stick, too. When Iā€™m working with pedals that do pitch detection, it sometimes helps to get better tracking if I play an octave higher on the bass strings and then pitch the effect signal down.

4 Likes

Thanks @Nashorn - yes thatā€™s a good plan B. In fact I originally thought that was what @danmh was suggesting until I read it properly.
Iā€™ve got a Roland VG99 and a GK3 pickup on the melody side of my stick, so my usual synth bass solution is to play the synth bass parts on the melody strings through the VG99 and that works well. But the Dwarf is so nice & compact - it would be great to do it all in thatā€¦

4 Likes

Minor bug found: It doesnā€™t like having the CV port labelled.
This is a shame because with the port labelled, the infamous mindi plugin can read it and output midi notes from itā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, known issue. @Steven_VE found it shortly after we released 1.11.5 so it was not part of that bugfix.
If you tell me your mod unit type (duo, duox or dwarf) I can give you a build with the fix in PM, before 1.11.6 or 1.12-RC1

5 Likes

Man, you are ON it!

I am using a duoX.

Thanks for all your work.

3 Likes