Mod duo crashing on start

Description

I’ve had the mod duo for a short time, but on several occasions it’s crashed at startup. What I mean by crashed is that the duo turns on and actually appears to get to the fully booted stage, as in it goes from the boot logo to the usual usage display. However it hasn’t actually loaded the pedalboard, the sound coming from the duo is as though it is still in bypass and the duo is unresponsive. The full symptoms are:

1. still sounds to be in bypass
  2. I can ssh to the device, but I cannot connect to the webserver
  3. The mod itself is unresponsive, the buttons do not work

Usually if I turn the mod off and then back on then on the next boot it works fine. I’ve tried multiple pedalboards.

How to reproduce

1. Turn the mod duo on

Expected/suggested solution

The pedalboard should load and the mod should be responsive

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• release: 1.6.3
  • controller: a5fa955

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Linux
  • System version: Debian 10

How often does this happen?

Can you try the 1.7 series like in Release 1.7.2 ?
I suspect this issue will not be seen there.

It’s happened a few times, I think it’s mostly been happening from a ‘cold start’ i.e. when it’s been off for > 8 hours. I’ll give the 1.7 release a try, thanks.

I’ve updated to 1.7.2, I’ll let you know if the issue reappears.

Just a bit of feedback, the new menu system is a bit difficult to read on the mod duo, the fonts are kinda small, not a major issue though

Just an update, this seems to be working ok now, but I should be giving the duo a lot more testing over the weekend.

1 Like