MOD Duo X - Last mile countdown

I’m ready

2 Likes

I’m waiting by the letterbox! :smiley:

1 Like

Ohhhyeeeessss. Day X is near;-)

1 Like

So with Thursday at an end I can already say that is very unlikely we begin shipping tomorrow.
Monday it is then :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi there. Great to hear. Have you any idea how long it will take to clear the pre-orders once you start shipping?

1 Like

So I lied… we are not shipping today, but will do it tomorrow.

The OS image is final and we have started assembling a few units.
The 1st of many:

We will be going through the units and verify which ones work without issues (via self-test, as shown above), and ship them in order.

8 Likes

Who’s the lucky one receiving the unit with the number 001 :inbox_tray:

1 Like

I recognized Carla… OMG I’m a nerd.

4 Likes

me too! i’m sure many of us qualify! :robot:

4 Likes

Like the text “Limited Edition”.

Makes them limited!

1 Like

Since expression pedal is quite important to me:
When roughly do you expect (analog) expression pedal support will be rolled out?
Just to let me decide if falling back to some other solution (e.g. Midi, Arduino) is needed.

so how is the shipping status? lots of units finished for shipping?

I believe support for the CV expression pedal shall not be released before September.

Expedition ?

I was out of the office, so not 100% sure of the status.
But I know that already a bunch have been packaged and are waiting in line to be delivered. (if they have not been sent yet, that is)
Will get back to you soon, but I am positive more units will be sent out today again.

3 Likes

once again, just great to have you here :wink:

1 Like

Dear buyer of the MOD Duo X,

We are happy to tell you that your MOD Duo X will finally be on the way to your doorsteps.
Thank you very much for all the support and for your patience.

Once your unit has been registered to ship, you’ll receive a tracking number.

There are only so many units we can execute a day, considering self-testing and quality control, so throughout the entire month we’ll be sending Duo Xs every day in the chronological order they were purchased. We expect to ship all the units purchased before the 4th July until 15th August.

It’s fair to say the Duo X was the most challenging project held by MOD Devices since we’ve started this journey. But while many of the complications involving suppliers kept us from attending to the expected shipping dates, it also allowed using the extra time to craft/ further develop features. This means your Duo X will arrive undoubtfully a better product than the one we’ve previously planned.

I would like to share these three topics with you:

Increased Processing power
Once again, for several reasons a lot of rework was necessary, components had been changed, and now we’re happy to tell you that the Duo X is, in fact, over three times more powerful than we’ve planned. Thanks to the quad-core processor, we have run 4 parallel chains with 10 pitch-shifters each (40+) and still had a big smile in our faces.

We had an initial goal regarding the MOD Duo X CPU power. For those who are familiar with the MOD platform, if we translate this into a specific plugin, we aimed to have 10 simultaneous pitch-shifters running flawlessly. In the face of that, the improvement is huge.

Controller capacity
Along the year, we had several discussions on how to devise our efforts while waiting for suppliers to fix or send us the components we had ordered. One unanimous orientation within the team was to use all the working time available on the Duo X, even if some of the goals had been already reached. That was the case of our top-board, which handles the controllers. We wanted it perfect, but the extra examination still led us to drastic improvements.

This week we used a MOD Duo X at the Wallifornia Hackathon as a final hardcore test. We had eight hands tweaking the unit at the same time, nonstop, and the Duo X held every single interaction rock-solid. It was reassuring to see some team members, after a very stressful process, having real fun with what this little black box can do.

An unexpected surprise: audio and MIDI through USB
This made us jump and backflip when we figured it was possible.
Yes, the Duo X allows you to:
Send or receive audio and MIDI via the USB port.
Receive audio (and soon send audio as well) via the USB port.

This opens so many possibilities, it’s almost overwhelming.
We still consider it an experimental feature because we haven’t yet built a specific
menu, neither test it thoroughly yet. But it’s there and we are very excited about it.
We’ll post on our forum how to activate this feature so we all can unveil the
possibilities together. Later on, we will have it fully integrated into the product.

One last thing we’d like to stress is that, now that we conclude the development, a new and important coding effort starts. The pipeline of new software features is big and promising, and on top of them, we have the traditional bug fixes and adjustments. The reason for saying this is because we want the users to update their Duo X frequently. If you consider yourself an early-adopter (and by buying this product, we believe you are one), you can even participate in the beta-users program and receive earlier updates. If you wish, please send us an email to support@moddevices.com

That’s it for now. The entire MOD team thanks you once again for the patience and support.

You’re directly taking part in the birth of a new device. Rejoice it :wink:

All the best,
The MOD Team

7 Likes

Boxes are ready to go as you can see.
The person receiving Duo X #1 is called Michael.

7 Likes

A very lucky “Michael” too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wowow!! Congratulations on such an amazing achievement guys!! I’m beyond excited to explore all the different facets of this device. :raised_hands:
Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication in bringing to life this amazing tool, you guys are awesome.

4 Likes