MOD Insolvency and Reboot

v1.12 does not support duox limited edition units, triggering the behaviour you describe as fallback in case of mis-installation

6 Likes

Cā€™mon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just ā€œtwistingā€ you main message :wink: ā€¦ BTW @gianfranco Iā€™m deeply sorry about this situation, I wish you the best. Iā€™m sure that having a HW company of a niche market like this one itā€™s a hard mission in a ā€œnormal situationā€, so nowdays must be 500% worseā€¦

4 Likes

Makes me feel like a mean person :slight_smile:

Thanks!

4 Likes

In the case that MOD gets ā€œrebornā€, allowing Duo X LE to enjoy the new perks would be great :heart:

BTW Wish you the best @falkTX

3 Likes

@friedsilence provided an update here about why that, unfortunately, canā€™t happen due to the hardware

4 Likes

hey @danielrm! iā€™m also a Duo X LE user, and would dearly love to upgrade to a regular Duo Xā€¦ at this point, i still have faith the company will reboot successfully, and will eventually meet all three things iā€™m waiting on: Dwarf, Expression Pedal, and regular DuoX!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

ā€¦iā€™m in no rush. iā€™m patient. iā€™m optimistic. i believe in the MOD team!..

11 Likes

Just checking, is also the Max Gen~ cloud down at the moment? It was still working two days ago but now I get errors even with the example patches when using the Modwatcher.

3 Likes

Thanks, TBH Iā€™ve been a time away from the forum and the betasā€¦ I didnā€™t read this post at that time, so as @plutek says letā€™s hope you guys continue in good terms as company and I would think about this promo to the LE guys (I suppose you have stock right now but operations must be stucked).

As a compromise to the LE users, your promo was great :+1:

3 Likes

ā€¦pretty sure there is no existing Duo X stock, but iā€™m sure the MOD folks will correct meā€¦ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yeah @plutek is totally right :confused:

1 Like

I am a tier 3 backer of the MOD Dwarf and just signed a commitment for investing into the reboot of the company.

Why? The MOD team has produced some incredible software and all relevant parts are open source. I believe in open source. I also know that continued software maintenance, running the store and pedalboards site, developing new features, providing support, building new release cost a lot of time and dedication that is often best served by people working on that as a full-time job.

The MOD team have shown what they can deliver. There is (or could be) a lot to come, yet. I believe in that. So I decided to be a part in that an provide a bit of funding towards keeping the project afloat.

I understand all frustrations and not being able or willing to provide additional funding, especially without a guaranteed delivery of a device (and even if, whether the store and other related sites will be kept running).

But for me, this project is really great, I trust the MOD team to do their best and I want to play my part in keeping it alive. Maybe there are others as well?

Besides that, Iā€™m also a guitar player and would really like to use the Dwarf as a robust and well-engineered pedal with all its possibilities instead of my iPad.

Being able to tinker with the software (Iā€™m a software developer by profession) is a big bonus for me and a guarantee to being able to keep it working (and possibly improving) in the long run. As long as there is a community like this I have no fear that I will be left with a broken device.

So for the people how can afford it and have some trust both in the MOD team and the community left, letā€™s get this going! In the ideal case with enough people joining in, we can save the situation for everybody in the long run.

All the best to the MOD team who have also suffered through a lot with that insolvency. And good luck to us all.

33 Likes

Iā€™m also committed. Iā€™m a lucky one to have a dwarf. How can I donate?

5 Likes

Have a look at the very first post by @gianfranco, there is a link with an investment opportunity. This will require providing an email address and accepting some kind of non-disclosure agreement and you will get an email a bit later with details.

6 Likes

This is very sad news.

From an early adopter of a ModDuoX (#12). A few notes:

1. I think you guys diversified products too early. Yes, you had a platform, but the HW dependencies brought by yourself to your supply chain (which I donā€™t contest. I remember the change in manufacturer early onā€¦) You shouldā€™ve focused on ModDuoX and hold Dwarf until way way later. Like, after delivering the Mod Duo Expression pedal (platform? again, too ambitious).
  2. I think, from how much youā€™ve benefited from the Linux and Open Source community, you should ethically release the source code of all the Plugin Store, Pedal Boards, etcā€¦ and let the community at least drive it on without the cloudy business decisions.

I understand bankruptcy, but free up the latest baseline of all support code (no fw, I would understand that) and avoid the hate you are gonna get. (rightly, mind you).

Health and Good Luck!
Salud y Suerte!
Pay

3 Likes

So, with some delay the online mod died to?

1 Like

Hey Gianfranco

I have been a backer or a scammer.
I want my money or the product I financed.
You sold the product afterwards, it doesnā€™t give you much credibility as a brand and company to treat those who supported you by crowfondin like this.

You have deceived us
I totally agree.
Forgetting the backers and not delivering the product.
Very bad, very bad.

I am a sponsor
I have not received any pedals for my contribution and as far as I can see these devices have been sold by other means.
Are we crazy or what?

I feel ripped off.
No money and no device

The idea that the campaign was a scam, deception or a rip off implies that MOD somehow benifited from your misfortune, though seeing that the company is insolvent should show you that its really not the case.

Check my response here for a clearer understanding of why devices were sold in parallel to fullfuling backer rewards and why it is actually a move that benefits backers

12 Likes