"offline" editor

another idea i’ve been thinking of:

how about an “offline” editor… i.e. a way of building pedalboards on the computer, without the MOD connected. that would allow us to hammer together pedalboard concepts while travelling or whatever. then, what we’ve built gets pushed to the MOD, once it gets connected.

i don’t know enough about how it all works to be very specific aobut implementation, but here are two scenarios…

1. a host application which runs on the computer, and stores data there (a kind of virtual MOD in software).

2. a virtual-MOD-on-a-USB-stick – plug it into the computer and your web browser finds it at 192.168.51.1, just like the hardware MOD. then you do your build and save it on the stick. then if you take the USB stick out of the computer and plug it into the MOD, it is recognized by the MOD, which automatically uploads the pedalboards you’ve built “offline”.

…don’t know how feasible something like that is, but it would really help the pedalboard development cycle to be able to built provisional boards while away form an actual MOD, for trying out and tweaking later!

1 Like