Pedalboard Preset assigned to knob doesn't update display when presets are added

Description

If you assign the pedalboard preset to a knob, the Mod display shows a list of presets. If you then add or remove presets from the web UI, the list in the Mod display does not update until you cycle through the other knob assignments.

How to reproduce

1. In web ui, Manage presets.
  2. Assign All to one of the knobs.
  3. Do a presets Save As to create a new preset.

Expected/suggested solution

The list in the Mod display should update with the new preset. It currently continues to show the old list.

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• release: 1.3.1
  • controller: e582b18

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Mac
  • System version: 10.12.3
  • Browser: Safari Technology Preview release 25

You’re not suppose to be able to save new presets (or even delete or rename) while the list is addressed to a knob.
I added checks for rename and deletion, but I forgot to add a check in the save-as action.

Ah I see. Would it be difficult to allow these edits because it would be pretty inconvenient to have to reassign the knob every time I need to add a new preset?

Allowing to edit it means automatically readdressing on every single change.
Saving the current preset at least will always be possible.
Save-as complicates things, but it’s something to keep in mind for the future.

Blast from the past, but it seems like this is still broken. The Save As action, at least sometimes, appears to remain enabled even while a knob is assigned to the preset list, and using it seems to confuse the Mod Duo significantly, making none of the controls work until a reboot.

Also, while the Save action is enabled while the knob is assigned, clicking save, then flipping to another preset and back shows that the new settings were not actually saved successfully (the old settings come back when you go back to the update preset).

1 Like