Pitch to CV, or to MIDI

This is indeed easier. I programmed one myself in MaxMSP. Basically a kind of tuner that allows you to output in MIDI the notes that is reporting? (This was exactly how I did it in Max)

3 Likes

please do a video series on the mod teams boards and setups :wink:

1 Like

haha
Actually this one I’m not using this so much lately.
At some point - some years ago - the core of my setup was an incredibly huge Max patch full of subpatches that I programmed, but also loading some plugins. There I was able to manage my guitar sound, my synths and vocals :slight_smile:

2 Likes

nice, @jon ! …i was very similar, although built in pd on linux. …once the MOD Duo appeared, i was able to ditch the computer, and integrate everything on a pedalboard. i haven’t looked back since! …mind you, i’m now digging into gen~, to fill some little esoteric needs that aren’t met in the MOD suite of plugins…

cheers!

4 Likes

would be really cool to have that plugin (or a sophisticated version) in the store :eyes:

2 Likes

I did see the gxtuner in the beta store seemingly has a midi out. If I’m not wrong the original guitarix version does send out the midi note but the 1 in the plugin seems like not fully implemented.

Will be nice if the mod team or someone experience can make the midi send out work :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

A mono pitch to midi would be awesome!

4 Likes

A bit the same story here. I also realised that I had way more stuff there than I needed and I was lacking in some areas. Also the versatility was almost killing it. I can re-route pretty much everything everywhere, but the way that I set that management was with one umenu on the input of each effect listing all the outputs…at some point I had effects that I needed to scroll quite a bit to find the routing one.

I actually still want to do that. Never really went much into gen~ route since that was extra paid at the time and I didn’t have it.

I’m really ok with sharing it with the guys and trying to port it (actually a nice challenge for me personally). Yet, I’m not using any gen~ on it so I’m not sure if it will be that useful. I will take a look.

Actually I never saw this one, but it really sound exactly the same thing that I did.

1 Like

Can confirm the GX Tuner has a midi out. Can’t wait for it to work.

4 Likes

Here writes @tramp == @brummer about GxTuner^MIDI Guitar to MIDI Synthesizer - LinuxMusicians.

You know you can also use Pd to build LV2 plugins for MOD? :wink:

1 Like

How ? That would be so cool !

1 Like

Guys! We did some experiments on a mono Audio to CV Pitch plugin that may help you with a mono “pickup” conversion in this case to CV.
You can find it on the beta section and it’s called…super creatively…Audio to CV Pitch :slight_smile:

Please note that this is still a beta plugin so it may be more or less buggy - I tested it myself and it seemed “okayish”. It’s also not categorized, so after install it please search for it on all plugins.

Bug reports are welcome. Feedback overall as well.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Thank you guys! really cool

4 Likes

@jesusperezsv let us know the results of your testing :wink:

4 Likes

Has someone achieve something with the plugin yet? I tried some ideas but I can’t make them work properly (witout glitches and strange noises and stuff)

can you share the pedalboard that you use for it? Maybe we can give you some suggestions :slight_smile:

I recreated what I tried here (I didn’t save my initial test)

The basic idea is that I’m trying to blend the synth with mono guitar lines and Initialy I tried this. There isn’t anything more than the basic set up (no reverb, distortion or something like that)

I’m kinda bad with CV so some feedback and tips would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you able to convert it for the synth at all?? Because if you do, I guess it’s some sort of bug of the system.

You are just converting the audio pitch to CV and making nothing with it. You will need at least a VCO (oscillator) more and a VCA (amplifier) and an CV Envelope may also help you. Then you need to output it as audio.

Please note that this plugin is a Pitch to CV and not a Pitch to MIDI, so it will not help you a lot with synths and other generator plugins that use MIDI only to trigger the notes.

I really like this plugin, I was looking for a long time to use different effects on different registers of my bass guitar! There are still some things that don’t seem to work though:

1.) The plugin only works correctly with 256 frames on my ModDuo, otherwise everything is transposed one octave higher.
2.) With 256 frames the effect works down to the low G on my bass-guitar. Is there any chance to make this work down to low E?

Update:
I used the Capo Plugin to transpose the control path 3 halfsteps higher, still not perfect but usable now down to E.

Just as a quick example I uploaded a pedalboard which switches between 2 effect ways based on the notes you play:

3 Likes