Plugin request

@ssj71

the MOD Duo already supports CV :smiley:

if you add an LV2 plugin with CV ports the GUI will show them - they are orange - and connect properly.

1 Like

Sorry, @ssj71 but you lost me… immediately in the beginning. Are you saying that with minor code changes I would be able to vary distortion/EQ/…-parameters with a sine shaped function?

Whaaaaaat?! :smiley: That’s great news! Now we just need AMS.lv2 ported. And a way to make any plugin parameter into a CV port.

@eggsperde well, in some ways yes it wouldn’t be impossible to change plugins to have an LFO, (they are open source). But what I really meant is that there are already plugins that do the specific task Steve asked about and that will probably be a quicker solution than a feature added to mod that allows LFOs for any parameter. But with what Gian informed me, maybe not.

I’m really excited to get my duo and finally see exactly what it can and can’t do.

2 Likes

@ssj71 ams-lv2 plugins already work as-is.
Not sure if they’re are on the unstable side of the store yet. but you can build them using mpb.
See https://github.com/moddevices/mod-plugin-builder/tree/master/plugins/package/ams-lv2

We haven’t really done testing with CV plugins, so if you get them working let us know how it goes.

:grinning:
I hoped so! You guys are awesome.

1 Like

has anybody here actually used pdlv2 and then built for MOD? i.e. do we know if there’s a functional PD->MOD path?

thanks much… cheers!

I used pdlv2 successfully before, submitted some needed changes to build it with a cross-compiler.

Currently we cannot use more than 1 instance of the same plugin (because a libpd shared lib instance can only be loaded once).
We need to find a solution for this…

hmmmm… sure do need that solved. i can see lots of multiple-instance scenarios in my use case.

Hey, everybody,

I’m a Bass player and I’m looking for some plugins. I’ve been perusing around the plugins and the forums, but haven’t found a definitive answer.

I’m looking for a compressor pedal and a quick responding pedal for volume swells. I will keep playing with the slowgear and have already gotten a suggestion for getting that to do what I want. I’m just beginning (got it yesterday!) and am looking forward to some awesome experimenting!

@Treelemon

Well, right now the compressor plugin situation is not the best.

I am not a big fan of the TAP Dynamics processor.

My port of one of my favourite compressors (see the forum thread New plugin: Molot Lite Mono) is done and I play with it, but right now it is not downloadable from the plugin section of the MOD.

Another great compressor would be the compressor of the Invada series. This plugin is not in the stable plugins right now (I don’t know really why - it works great).

If you want clean compression your best (and maybe only bet) right now is to use the TAP dynamics with a compressor or limiter setting. Here using the offset gain control is the key - so you can move around the fixed value for the compression (4:1 compression at -6db).

My favourite stable plugin right now is the TAP Sigmoid Booster. Don’t let the name misguide you - it works really well for compressing bass. It is not the cleanest compression you can get, but it works fine for me.

Slowgear didn’t work for me, but I don’t know the original pedal and so I don’t know if it’s just me.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try out the sigmoid booster. I wouldn’t have thought about trying that. I’m not sure how to set the TAPs dynamic to compressor mode. I’ll have to continue to look at that.

In regards to the volume swell, I actually found that the Plate reverb from CAPS can do a pretty good job of sounding like a bowed instrument when the mix knob is turned so that only the wet signal comes through.

In some oldschool Linux audio forum I’ve read that someone liked the TAP Sigmoid Booster for bass - so I’ve tried it and I am pretty happy with it.

Regarding the TAP dynamic plugin:
There is a drop down / combo box on the TAP dynamics where you can set the “function”.

If you look at the screenshot at https://pedalboards.moddevices.com/plugins/aHR0cDovL21vZGRldmljZXMuY29tL3BsdWdpbnMvdGFwL2R5bmFtaWNz it says “2:1 comp at -6db”.

This means a compression with the ratio of 2:1 at the threshold of -6db. There are some other functions there to choose from (some more compression and some limiting functions). The offset gain control is to move the threshold. If you select - 20db of offset gain this compressor works with a threshold of -26db.

I hope this makes the whole thing a little bit more clear for you and helps you with achieving your desired sound with the MOD…

1 Like

One more plugin to check out for bass is the TAP Tubewarmth plugin. I don’t really use it for compression, but a little bit of it to “fatten up” the sound works really nice for me.

After some compression, maybe a little bit of Tubewarmth and some EQ I get some pretty nice sounds out of my MOD.

I definitely like the plugins sigmoid and the tubewarmth! I think those will be on all my pedalboards.

I was mistaken in regards to fining the right bowed string sort of effect. My initial trials with the the reverb pedals just don’t give me what I am looking for as a bowed string effect. I wish I knew more about programming! if there are any programmers out there…what I would be looking for is something like the “attack” function on a POG2 pedal.

Despite this minor thing I can’t find, I am still very impressed with the DUO!

1 Like

Bowed string physics

One question to the dsp programmers in this forum. Is there a way to sawtoothify a guitar signal?

Hello everyone,

How about having a tiny toggle switch with 2 inputs and only 2 channels for each input?
I´ve just made a pedalboard with 2 signal chains and it seems a bit overkill having 2 toggle switches with 4 channels each and use only one of the channels to switch on and off.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m saving it on the requests list.
It should not be something super complicated. Yet it will require time that is a bit short with all the 1.11 features and work.

3 Likes

Thanks!

5 posts were split to a new topic: “Tiny Mute Button” or “Tiny on/off” or yet a single Toggle Switch (1 channel)

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: “Tiny Mute Button” or “Tiny on/off” or yet a single Toggle Switch (1 channel)