Release 1.12.0-RC3

Sorry the late reply here. I still didn’t try it.
You are having it on the Dwarf, right? @zwabo do you also have it on the Dwarf?

2 Likes

@falkTX, any idea here? Was some part of the code left out by mistake? :grin:

2 Likes

yes that’s with the Dwarf.

2 Likes

Can I re-add this driver myself or is it build too deep inside firmware ?
Are there any other BT drivers missing ? (I only have this BT500 dongle)

2 Likes

Hi, yes it is possible. You just have to add the correct firmware like a WiFi dongle (I think it is explained in the wiki)

3 Likes

4 Likes

Hmm, I have no /data/firmware/ folder on the Dwarf on RC3 ! A clean-up command line in the update had wiped this folder ?

1 Like

I’m unable to copy anything to the Dwarf, at firt it seams okay :

(Temp.zip contains rtl8761a_fw.bin + rtl8761b_config.bin + rtl8761b_fw.bin + rtl8761bu_config.bin + rtl8761bu_fw.bin)

But in the Dwarf I don’t see anything :

Not sure it’s a RC problem, I have not test this before ! (never had the need)

2 Likes

Dear Romain @Rom,

did you mount the dwarf filesystem like this told in the wiki:
File system is mounted read only. If you need to remount it in Read/write mode, do the following:
mount / -o remount,rw

Hope that helps, but someone more linux-proof might chime in here.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

2 Likes

Hi,

Check the Custom firmware deploy topic in:

https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/WiFi

1 Like

Oh thanks I got history now !
I can write when I’m ssh in the Dwarf (I can copy files from inside with no problems) but can’t scp anything from my desktop… :cry:

@mj_prod and @fer, can you try scp anything through ssh to your MODdevices ?

1 Like

Thanks for the help @fer :slight_smile:

Are you sure that you are using the command correctly? What does the terminal reports you back?

1 Like

Did you see any error on my command ?
As you can see, the terminal reports 100% 100KB 7.6MB/S 00:00, seams good isn’t it ?

1 Like

Ah sorry, didn’t notice that part in the screenshot.
I remember having a similar issue, but honestly, I can’t remember how I solved it.
Have you tried to reboot the device after copying the files and then checking again the folder?
Or perhaps using a different computer?

2 Likes

No problem !
I’ve tried both (reboot the dwarf, connect with my desktop and laptop, both on kubuntu) with no success. Is it a problem just for me ? Did any of you tried ?
(If I’m the only one facing this I may try to find the problem in private with the support instead of the RC3 thread)

Hi @Rom just as a test, I created a /data/firmware folder (it doesn’t exist by default) on my Dwarf (running 1.11.6 2909). I copied some random file over and rebooted the dwarf. When I reconnected to the Dwarf after reboot, the firmware directory was still there, and so was the file I transferred. It sounds like there might be something up with the RC. Note that I didn’t have to remount the filesystem as read-write for this to work.

2 Likes

Oh thanks for the test !!!
I’ll try downgrading to 1.11 tomorrow

2 Likes

Hi,
I’ve taken the time to try downgrading to 1.11.6 2909 :

• I now can nano the .json files
  • still no way to scp from any computer
    When you ssh you’re supposed to see only data and keys folders ? Aren’t we supposed to see everything ? (the USB stick for example)
  • I recover the bluetooth
3 Likes

I’m not sure if you are supposed to see the USB stick. Do you mean one connected to the Dwarf?
Maybe @falkTX knows what is happening when you try to scp

2 Likes