Hi there everyone, another major release is here - v1.3.0-RC1 aka “oh $#@%, it’s already 3am!”.
This is a new feature release, with focus on pedalboard presets and not-so-simple bug fixes.
As usual, note that this is a release candidate.
That means it might be stable, but needs more testing first to make sure.
This release will have a testing period of 2 weeks.
If no issues are found in 2 weeks we’ll release it as stable, otherwise we’ll do a Release Candidate 2.
So, what’s new?
The heavily awaited pedalboard presets are here!
Just like plugin presets, these store the values of all parameters.
This means we can store the parameter values of all plugins and switch them all at once without having to load a new pedalboard. This preset list can be addressed to a MOD controller knob or footswitch.
There are a few things to consider:
- Pedalboard presets are part of the saved pedalboard state, you need to save the current pedalboard if you wish to retain the presets you made
- Audio, MIDI and CV connections are not part of the preset data
- If you add plugins after activating pedalboard presets, the existing presets will use the default parameter values for the new plugins
Click-less bypass (for specific plugins)
For plugins that support the new lv2:enabled designation, the MOD can now do click-less bypass for them.
There are not many plugins making use of this feature yet, because it’s quite new in the LV2 world.
But that’s how things start - need to implement the feature first so that plugins can start using it.
Note: For now only “Parametric EQ” by x42 includes this feature.
‘MIDI Utility’ Category
We added a new category to the pedalboard builder and cloud store screens - MIDI Utility.
The Utility category quickly got filled with MIDI utility plugins…
This should make things easier and faster to find now.
Generic USB joysticks as MIDI devices
Last but not least, you can now use generic joysticks as if they were a MIDI device.
Previously we could already use PS3 and PS4 joysticks over USB, now thanks to @Azza (and some little extra integration…) we can now use any joystick recognized by the MOD as a MIDI device.
Buttons will send MIDI notes while Axis send MIDI CCs.
There’s also quite a few more changes and tweaks.
You can read the full changelog below.
Because this release is still under testing, it won’t appear as an update in the web interface just yet.
You’ll have to manually download and apply the update file if you wish to try it out.
Here’s the manual download link:
The upgrade procedure is explained at the top of our releases page, here:
Note: if you wish to receive release candidates as auto-updates (which we internally call “group 2”), send me a PM with the last 4 numbers on the back of your Duo, near the bar-code.
Here’s the full changelog:
- NEW add ‘MIDI Utility’ category
- NEW implemented pedalboard presets
- NEW support for all generic USB joysticks as MIDI devices (buttons as notes, axis as CC)
- NEW support for click-less bypass (needs support from plugin, using lv2:enabled port designation)
- NEW support for lv2:freeWheeling port designation
- NEW wait for the first pedalboard to finish loading before disabling true-bypass
- fix 1 extra round-trip latency when using USB MIDI keyboards under certain conditions
- fix bad pedalboard names when saved with html-encoded names
- fix broken banks manager if clicked on too soon before it finished loading
- fix category inline display on small browser windows
- fix loading bank with manually deleted pedalboards
- fix tooltips for MIDI hardware names containing spaces
- fix thumbnail mis-alignment when plugin has no brand
- fix updating a plugin if its bundle name doesn’t match the cloud one (eg, locally deployed plugins)
- fix ‘update all’ button always disabled after being clicked once, even after updates finish
- fix web interface being locked when rendering 2 screenshots at the same time
- keep installing/updating plugins if one of them fails (eg, updating all plugins in store)
- make ‘developer mode’ state persistent (plus add ‘disable_dev_mode’ function)
- make folded/unfolded plugin area state persistent
- make loading of pedalboards slightly faster
- show more pedalboards at once, use thumbnail instead of screenshot (faster pedalboards screen)
- show a warning popup if user presses ‘update all’ plugins, but there are no plugins to update
- show a warning popup if user tries to change an addressed parameter
We hope you’re enjoying your MOD Duo.
Please let us know of any issues!