Release 1.6.0-RC1

So I give the trail a whirl, now, I like to remove it, unfortunately the remove button is missing on commercial plugs. This should be possible, special for trail versions.

How can I get this update? The MOD here says “system is up to date” and this announcement does not have a download link like previous announcements had.

That’s hell of a way to get rid of release-critical bugs :slight_smile: nice Freudian slip. It should read “unstable -> beta”.

While speaking of typos, “-rc” is usually always lower-case in version numbers or tags.

1 Like

Install success, will kick the tires this weekend. Congrats MOD team, it’s nice to have activity in this channel again!

1 Like

The display dimming is a nice addition, I don’t need the backlight a lot of the time.

A few times while on the Store view the UI has become unresponsive and Chrome will display the Wait/Kill dialog.

Hi,

I just installed 1.6.0-RC1. This works without any problems. After installation I tried to update my plugins.

The first (small) problem encountered when opening the plugins store: “Our commercial plugin store is offline now, sorry for the inconvenience”.

Ok, I selected “Installed only” and “Show beta plugins”. After that I tried “Update All” which responses with “All plugins are updated, nothing to do”. But this is not true… there are several plugins marked as “New version”. I will update them one by one…

Next I created a pedalboard with Dexed and checked if long preset lists (e.g. from Dexed) can be assigned to a knob (see Limitation for preset assignment to a MOD-Display?). This seems not to be working yet. If I use “ASSIGN ALL” to Knob-1 I am only getting the first 36 user presets. But there are 64 user presets and some more factory presets. For the synths there are mostly very much presets, so a way how to select them with the knobs is IMHO a must have :wink:

Now I will get my guitar and will have some fun to make some noise for my neighborhood :slight_smile:

Regards, Holger

1 Like

I’ve added the manual download link in the post.

1 Like

Thank you. /me updates.

I ran into the similar issues. ublock-origin blocks “shopify” and worse: eff’s privacy-badger blocks api.moddevices.com “failed to connect to the MOD cloud”.

The 1.5 release does not have this issue.

@acunha

So now there is a uninstall button for the trail version, I uninstal it and receive a message

“couldn’t uninstall plugin”

but, as far I could see, the uninstall was successful.

Can you please confirm you’re still having this? Did you try a different browser?
If possible can you revert back to 1.5 and see if that is an exclusive problem with 1.6 ?

I believe you were having internet connection problems here @Codeman. If the mod-ui can’t reach the cloud that’s the message you see. Can you try again and let me know please ?

Also make sure you clear your browser cache as there are some known issues related to that.

@x42 in my tests ublock-origin only blocks shopify track events like .../buy_now/track?even=.... That seems harmless in the overall purchase experience. I can still use the cart and make the purchase.

Regarding privacy-badger, I haven’t used before. Do you have any clues why it would be picking on api.moddevices.com ?

There’s a known issue regarding the “state” of the install/remove button for commercial plugins only. We’re fixing it. Once we release an update I’ll ask you to try again and see if it works.

I’ll be there :smiley:

@acunha

regardless of that, I experience a new ( to me) problem. My default padelboard is all-time a empty board, with connections from input to output. Since 1.6.0-RC1 this padelboard gives me trouble when loading, messages pops up about plugins which can’t be downloaded (no plugs in use on that padelboard), a dialogue pop’s up were I’ve decide to load it anyway, and the padelboard is marked with a “missing piece” icon in my padelboard library. I tried to no avail, to delete (not possible), save, resave, save with plug (even marks with the missing piece icon), save without, . . .
Means, peadelboard “Default” is broken on my MOD
However, there is no problem when I start the MOD, default padelboard will load without trouble. Only when try to reload it from the padelboard library, regardless if I’ve tried other padelboards in between or not.

Can you send me your default as a tarball / zip file? It’s located at ~/.pedalboards/default.pedalboard. Let me know if you need help getting it.

Just managed to reproduce it. Nevermind.

No, I don’t. perhaps because it’s an unknown site and has “api” in the name. It’s easy enough to white-list it.

@brummer Actually I do need your default.pedalboard. Can you zip and send it to me please?

Don’t try to fix it. I want it in the broken state.

In recent use I didn’t notice it, though often when going to the Store view, especially the first time after booting up, the featured items won’t appear up top. Refreshing the page will fix it, or switching to another view and then back.

I’ll do some more focused testing this evening, including purchasing the DT-1.