Release 1.8.0-RC5

I seem to be experiencing a few more X-runs than before with RC5, making those typical glitchy noises… has the noise fix created a greater load on the processor? So many of my boards are run REALLY close to the limit, so if this is a known consequence of the noise fix, I’ll just have to start swapping plugins around and see if I can find ones that are 5% less processor hungry :wink:

1 Like

I tested here enabling and disabling the noise “fix” on the Duo, it causes a 0.1% CPU difference.
Coming from 1.6, the actual thing that causes more CPU is the MIDI aggregated mode.
So for those pedalboards that reach near the limit, try switching MIDI mode to “separated” and see if that makes a difference.
Old pedalboards (made in 1.6 or before) should automatically change this MIDI mode. If not, it is a bug and needs to be fixed on our side.

Note that the default MIDI mode for new pedalboards is aggregated.

1 Like

just a note (RC5 on DuoX): still seeing random characters in the buttons area on the DuoX display. they appear for unassigned buttons, and change as i cycle through display pages – i.e. i’ll see changes in what random characters show up for a given button and page when i cycle around to that spot again.

not a big problem, really; it’s just confusing. but any assigned seem to work fine and display mostly properly. there’s occasionally a random character on the end of an assigned button’s name as well.

This has been fixed already, a pointer that was referencing old memory.
Also put in place some checks to prevent NaN BPM, trying to see if there is something else still needed for the release, but I think we are set…

MIDI sync issues are tricky, I tested the output of the duo connected to my laptop, this part is quite fine.
I can even make it somewhat stable 280 BPM.
The problem is reading the serial lines on the Duo X in very precise manner. (issue seems to be in OS setup or something in the kernel)
Not nice, but also I believe not a blocker for final 1.8.

1 Like

EDIT: it works again :slight_smile:
I noticed that when going out of the menu, the assigned stomp boxes work.
(With the previous menu, I could stay in the menu without affecting this)

Hi all,
Just upgraded my mod duo an hour ago (v 1.8), and the stomp buttons are not working anymore.
(don’t remember what the previous version was that I had)

When I select a pedalboard from my bank, the 2 leds are lit (red), but when pushing the buttons, nothing changes and the leds stay on. I verified the pedalboards in the browser and the stompboxes are assigned correctly, saved it again.

When I go to the settings menu and select “Banks Foot Nav [x]” on x, the leds go from red to white, but nothing changes. (I have no separate foot switch btw)

Anyone else with this problem?
Any fixes yet?

I’m still on RC5 because the update failed with a “Bug!..” after the download completed, will try again later. I noticed the same / similar behavior when I tried mapping presets to a footswitch. With a list of a few presets, nothing happens when I press the FS. I also tried mapping to group - when I did that FS1 went down the list to the last item and then stopped responding. FS2 had no effect.

Hmm there was a known bug regarding the footswitches and the list navigation that confused the system and made it wait for a message that would never show up. Could it have happened that you assigned/pressed the switches during the download process? If so I would suggest trying again and have the device being idle during the download process.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I think I was indeed modifying the presets / mappings while waiting for the download to complete (wi-fi signal weak in my studio a.k.a. garage). I’ll try again thank you.

3 Likes