Save or load pedal boards outside the dwarf

It would be nice if you can save or call up pedal boards as a file individually. The file names are displayed in a list.
Possibility to create subdirectories, filters and sort function, mark individually or as a group.
The file manager would probably be a suitable place for operation.
However, the files themselves would probably have to be stored outside the MOD hardware. (Storage capacity!)

I’d be happy if the answer is yes but not now!

3 Likes

I wonder if a SysEx message would be able to carry all the information you mention?

1 Like

I do not understand what you mean?
I know SysEx message only in connection with MIDI.

1 Like

Yes, SysEx messages transfer the entire “state” of a hardware through a MIDI file. Therefore, there could be some way to “edit” the file in the computer – without the MOD plugged to it – and then load it to the MOD.

Not sure this is exactly what you asked, but considering that

I thought a SysEx file would be the appropriate way to transfer that info. Unless MOD connection is not a problem.

Sorry if I confused you. Maybe I didn’t properly understand what you wanted?

1 Like

Maybe it’s a misunderstanding.
I meant the names of the pedal boards as a list that can be edited with filter, sort and mark functions.
Pwedal board can then be loaded into the dwarf from this list.
The data of the respective pedal board is saved on the connected computer.
I read somewhere that this is a text file.
If you mentioned such data as SysEx data than you are right.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for clarifying further. I am not sure this requires SysEx.

If the file structure is a single TXT file than can be manipulated externally, then no SysEx required. Now, whether this file can be edited externally and not create a permission conflict inside the MOD is a question for the OS folks there.

Your request is a good one, let’s see what they say.

1 Like

There is no need for editing - just for transfer and storage outside.

Addendum: A display in list form already exists in the option “Pedal library”.
Currently, you can load or delete a pedal board stored in Dwarf

I would say that no. Maybe I’m wrong, but if the pedalboard has some plugins that don’t come installed by default that would be problematic on a SysEx usage.

Ok. Now I was the one getting confused. Your request is basically to have a file that is your pedalboard and you can take it out or put it back on the device, right @Sharry? I personally quite enjoy that idea, it would allow you to have the device “clean”, but not lose those pedalboards that are “just not for now”, although they are good.

As a matter of fact, I actually don’t know what file system is used for storing the pedalboards in the device.

Let’s leave it as a feature request.
Some file management system will already exist.

2 Likes

done :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:
Actually, there must be such a similar function. You can save individual pedalboards to an Internet page and load them back individually into Dwarf. You could do it in a similar way, just upload and download to a directory on the PC defined in WebGui. The comfort functions such as sorting, grouping, filtering, etc. can be done on the PC (e.g. Explorer).

It shouldn’t be hard indeed.
I believe that you can even ssh into the device to do it already. Yet it requires more technical skills that not everyone wants to get into.

ssh? it’s nothing indecent anyway?

lool no. Basically is a way to access the files system inside the device and also change them. In other words: hack it

No no, I leave that to the youth :wink:
Among other things, I also i did programming, first assembler, later procedurally oriented high-level languages (Fortran77), then database systems (dBase, Clipper, Access) and finally for Software for control systems of large industrial plants including their commissioning.
I don’t want to have a deeper relationship with project oriented programming, OS like Linux , Dsp, SFTP etc. anymore. I’m way too far away from that.

4 Likes

well … it isn’t that complicated. Basiclly you just copy a folder(pedalboard) to you local drive.
Should’nt be more than one or two command lines.

2 Likes

Well then I hope that this will motivate someone to write these 2 lines and integrate them into the system. :wink:
I myself can’t do anything with @Falk’s link to the recipe.

1 Like