Say hello to the MOD Dwarf

Well, yes. But if I have to connect my computer to the MOD, than I can just send the clock of Ableton via Midi. It is kind of pointless, Ableton Link should go wireless. Do you think an updated OS can manage that? Is there a wifi module in the harware? Or do I have to use a wifi USB dongle that blocks the usb port?

this is not a feature we can promise to make happen, not yet anyway, but a usb wifi stick/dongle in a usb hub should do the trick.

people have been using usb hubs to connect multiple MIDI devices for a while now, myself included.
so only having 1 usb host port is not the issue.
we just have to see how wifi ends up working in general.

Ok, let’s see about Ableton Link over Wifi.
Than, what about the class compliant USB. To connect the device to an iPad as a midi device, an audio Interface and if possible as an fx unit? Really, I love the Digitakt for this feature.

Hi there,
the Kickstarter beta pledge says early delivery sometime in October. I’m curious, what is the current status? Are there any covid related delays to be expected?
I am already looking forward to testing the Mod Dwarf :star_struck:

4 Likes

The Dwarf Project Update #15 of Oct 12 says that due to supply problems in China, the project is delayed 2 months, and the beta will ship starting Dec 10.

2 Likes

We got WiFi working on the dwarf now too.
It still is an advanced usage, but the backend support is there

Clarified the steps at https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/WiFi
(coming to all units in v1.10)

8 Likes

Happy to hear it’s possible to integrate the MOD into existing networks with little effort. I’m planning on using my future Dwarf with a USB ethernet interface or alternatively set up my RasPi to automatically bridge the MOD’s native network (RNDIS?) to my home network. So far the only network docs I found on the wiki are the WIFI page and this article. What I would love to see eventually is a “network mode” option that let’s me choose between a) dhcp server (default), b) dhcp client and c) static ip + all these for IPv6 with SLAAC if you really want to make me happy :wink: Of course it has to be configurable on the device in case I lock myself out.

Also it seems http://integrate.moddevices.com is only looking for 192.168.50.1 and 192.168.51.1 so this would have to be extended as well, maybe using a customizable mDNS .local name if that’s feasible…

1 Like

All this is awesome !

The just-works approach of the Duo is great. If that could be extended with more flexible network capabilities as mentioned by @cbix, this would be even better. But who many users will be interested in that?

1 Like

With the last progress update my GAS is out of control :exploding_head:
My only concern is about the amount of time needed to assemble (and let pass the QA) more than 1000 units to respect estimated shipping date on February.

Hello, I backed the beta units and am excited to receive my unit. I got an email with a last chance to purchase a premium plugin back but the link in the email seems to go to the page where only hardware is available and the link to share our forum username goes to a google form which states “You need permission”.

2 Likes

Same.

FYI: Google Forms works now - the link to the plugin pack still just redirects to the hardware site.

1 Like

When did you get this email? I don’t remember seeing any such email recently.

@Will_C, @mark_melvin, and @seele,

We spotted those problems, maybe a bit too late (my bad…really :sweat_smile: )
Anyway, the form must be already working as @seele reported. If you didn’t do it yet, please go there and fill it up. It is extremely important to get the beta testers’ process up and running.

Regarding the plugins link, we are having some issues fixing the link.
The current one should be this. Feel free to go there and get your extra plugins :wink:

@aspiers this email went only to the Dwarf beta backers. If you are one of those and didn’t receive it, please check your spam, promotions tab, etc.

Let me know if you manage to solve your issues

@jon I am a beta backer (ordered 1 beta Dwarf and 2 non-beta) and I definitely can’t see any recent email about the beta even in my spam folders. Please can you check what’s gone wrong?

Hi,

The google form is working and your link to Indigogo as well (although the Beta program was from Kickstarter). My main concern is that this offer of 50€ for the plugin pack is not easily comparable to what could be offered in the standard store as we don’t have access to it without a device and the price of each plugin as a standalone is not mentioned either.

Could you give us more details on this offer ?

Hello @Tabor,

you might find descriptions for all plugins here:

https://pedalboards.moddevices.com/plugins?random=413eb10ed28340a183e9136da507fd22

Greetings and God bless. Marius

2 Likes

Hi @Tabor,

The link was updated to be out of Indiegogo and on the MOD shop.
You can find it here, together with the descriptions of the extra plugins. As you can check there, all these plugins bought on the standard store in the platform would cost you 91€

1 Like

I did see somewhere a comparison table but lost the link.

Would you mind posting it here?

I also lost track about the feature discussion.
What I basically understand is that the Duo X has better processing power, 2 displays & desktop knobs.

On the other hand, features seem to be developed now targeting mainly the Dwarf.
Will there be (software) features that users can only enjoy with the Dwarf & not with the Duo X?

Thanks for any clarifications.

1 Like