Say hello to the MOD Dwarf

If you backed the kickstarter campaign, you can log in to kickstarter, go to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modduo/mod-dwarf?ref=user_menu, click on “View pledge”, and the edition you selected should be on the line “Your pledge” on the “Rewards” tab. I hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks!

@Nadhir and @Robert I already added you on the beta testers thread.
@plutek I will DM you

Hi Dimitris, I will pm you with your details. Moreover, let me tell you that not all the beta Dwarfs were already shipped. We are assembling them and testing them ALL (one by one) in the office so we are sure that nothing goes wrong as these are the really first Dwarfs being produced.

1 Like

Haha no worries Dave. Supposedly you can check it on your Kickstarter or Indiegogo account (wherever you pledged it). I guess the best is to check there. Let me know if you discover which one you backed.

EDIT: didn’t scroll everything before write you. Thanks @VeggieSoup for the help :wink:

If you’re a BETA tester in the U.S. sign up for UPS updates. Mine will arrive today apparently. Any firmware updates already I need to do?

3 Likes

Exciting times! The firmware is getting updated very regularly so I’m sure there will be an update waiting for you. Good news is you can very easily start the auto update from the webgui
One of the devs will correct me if I’m wrong :wink:

2 Likes

You are correct.

We can consider the Dwarf to be in a “rolling release” state at the moment.
It is a bit pointless to do releases at this point, which would just delay fixes.
So wherever someones reports an issue and we fix it, we push an update right away.

Be on watch on the forum for such update discussions.

2 Likes

where is this beta testers thread…can you add me to it? Just got my Mod Dwarf in the mail today, and plugged it in and updated the firmware, and have built mod-sdk cross-compiling environment for “moddwarf” platform

3 Likes

Hi Eric, it’s a private thread. We sent an email for beta testers to share their username with us so I could add them there. You probably didn’t see it. No worries, I will add you now :wink:
We are really happy to have you as a Dwarf beta tester :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I am early bird backer #94.
I just saw the latest update from the Kickstarter campaign, thank you for the hard work producing the product!
I fully understand the delay situation right now under the pandemic things.
As looking at the statement that mentioning the Dwarf might be shipped after Q2, will there be any potential delay further?
Waiting in US was not an issue for me but I am frustrated if there will be a potential delay since I have to move back from the USA to my home in Hong Kong during June or July. And my home in HK is not very package friendly.

1 Like

Hi Ray,
Thanks a lot for being a Dwarf supporter and also for understanding the situation.
I totally understand the reason for your question.
As much as I would like to give you a clear answer, the current world situation doesn’t allow me. We don’t really want to promise something and set it in stone and then the situation evolutes to some stage that makes it unreasonable to fulfill. What is in the update is our expectation at the moment, but as you know, for almost one year that all sorts of expectations in all sorts of areas of our lives are being disrupted.
The best advice that I can give you is: if you don’t receive news that the early bird pledges are being fulfilled and you need to move back to Hong Kong, please update your email address in Kickstarter or email us so we can do it.
Hope that you understand it.

Hooray, my Dwarf has arrived. Two pictures to celebrate the day. But now I have to fight with Windows. With the Mac I get on it, but my GPD Win Max does not recognize the device (Error Code 43).

10 Likes

That is one sexy pedalboard!!

4 Likes

Mine just arrived despite Brexit’s best efforts to prevent it! Very excited! The note from @gianfranco was a classy touch :slight_smile: Lovely case too.

10 Likes

Hey

I’m a beta tester also.
Live in Belgium but didnt’t receive the unit yet!
How come, anybody knows?

Regards,

Niels

Hi, I suppose, that your dwarf isn’t shipped jet. Probably 10 to 15 Beta are made ready for shipment per week. It takes a while, because they examine every device again. I think it was somewhere here in the forum.

1 Like

Hey Niels,

This week we shipped already 8 units and today there will be more 7 being shipped (they are ready and just waiting for the UPS to pick them up). Little inside note…your unit was not one of those, but it is one of the next ones :wink:
Regards

Are you in the UK aspiers? Did you have to pay import duty etc ?

Yes and yes.

4 Likes