Show Us Your MOD Setup!

What a cool setup, thanks for sharing. Really like how you used the M8, I have to try that.
Also spotted the “Why does your (my)cheap bass sounds so good” MXR Bass Compressor.
Best,

3 Likes

Actually, here’s a pretty good video showing off the Dwarf’s MIDI plumbing:

The Dwarf is sending MIDI note 0 to start play on the M8 (via USB), the OMX-27 (also connected via USB) is using a custom macro to switch the M8 into “waveform view” and the Jamstik guitar is connecting via Bluetooth to a WIDI Jack that’s connected to the Dwarf via serial MIDI in. All sound is coming from the M8. I’m “Running Up That Hill” just to impress my kids and their friends since, thanks to Stranger Things, that’s the hot jam of summer 2022!

9 Likes

I am not a musician so this is just my working desk@home converted for practicing.

14 Likes

I’m sensing a theme of “ergonomics” :laughing: Great setup!

1 Like

Hi there!

I thought there was a topic somewhere to share pics of your setup including Mod stuff, but I can’t seem to find it.
So here it is :sweat_smile:

I have two different setups, one with a DuoX and footswitch, one with a Dwarf.

Here’s the DuoX in its natural environment:

It sends transport, clock and cc’s to the Tracker (so that I can control the Tracker by foot).
It’s got a guitar hooked UP via a blackstar ht-dual for high gain stuff.
I use it mostly as a cab sim processor, and to make weird sounds with the guitar using the pitch to CV module. Good that the DuoX is plenty powerful, because it’s often almost maxed out :skull:

I use a Rpi3 with a cheap screen for the web gui. It works fine, though a little laggy (the zooming, plugin placement and cable animations are not fluid at all), but its quite enough to adjust parameters and pedalboards when I’m away from my computer. Much more usable than with the sloooow bluetooth and the glitchy touchscreen interface.

I don’t use the TRS outputs of the DuoX because they were broken since day one (I made my peace with it, and there were not replacement units anyways).

I have to Say, the DuoX brings a lot of possibilities that trigger creativity in this two guys electro-rock project :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Awesome! I’m drooling over the Polyend Tracker!

2 Likes

Nice! I’ve been thinking of using the Tracker together with MOD units. Have you used it for sequencing at all, or only slaving to the clock?

1 Like

I send random cc to the perform mode, so that I can trigger random breaks with my foot :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s fun, but not as good as the digitakt

1 Like

Here is my Dwarf setup, for a power trio called Fufufu!

The radial pedal splits the signal into two paths : one goes through the wah and Revolt and acts as a “classic” electric guitar sound ; the other goes through the ehx pitchfork to the Dwarf, and brings loops, silly synthy sounds and all that stuff. I chose the Dwarf to replace an old Eventide Pitchfactor. Even though it is not as accurate and fast as the PF, it brings a lot more possibilities, so, good choice here I think!

Here are some rough live recorded stuff if i’m allowed to share : Late Demos @ La Malterie | フフフ!(FUFUFU !)

11 Likes

you are absolutely allowed, and encouraged, to share!

5 Likes

I have a tracker i can offload broham, just DM me.

2 Likes

you need to stop triggering my GAS :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They got pills for that bro lol

Fr tho, if you do want a tracker, I have a second gen. It the full aluminum ine with the nice mechanical keys. Its a solid unit, but I have a lot of sequencers and samplers and wouldn’t miss it if it meant someone was jamming with it lol

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind, but I really shouldn’t buy one, as I’m prepping to build out a small eurorack with the Open Theremin V4. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, I am back. Both on the forum and creating future MOD oriented content.

For working spaces, I gutted out my main workspace and rebuilt my hardware presentation table.

This is my video scoring area. This is VST only for the time being. The main pad is a programmable MPE playing surface, called the Erae Touch. Its actually impressive and they are supposed to be adding new features soon.

I also use an Expressive E Touché midi/cv controller. Eventually I am going to experiment with the CV outs and connect to the MDX cv input to macro FX swells (hopefully).

I highly recommend Expressive’s physical modeling synths with the Touché. I generally live play them and never record lol

Since my next video projects are going to be MOD related, I made a dedicated hardware setup. I can swap out the hardware synths with other gear, but I will primarily be using MOD hardware on this desk.

@plutek you arent my real dad, and the fan is now permanent on my new desk, peep that cable management. If you look behind the fan, its definitely very tidy and clean :smiley:

Since I’m on iPad, I was able to hookup a leftover wireless mouse, it is a game changer for me lol soooo much easier building boards with a mouse rather than a finger lol

Hope you all are well!

9 Likes

you never fail to trigger my GAS :rofl: You might want to charge for your services( GaaS)

5 Likes

Dont worry my man, I havent bought new hardware in a long time. I intentionally didn’t show below the desk because thats my sell (I keep telling myself) pile lmao

Can’t say that I didnt go ham on software stuff before I quit my job lol

Pluginboutique was the bane of my existence. But I snagged everything I wanted (and more) for significant discounts off msrp, and the bang for buck is astronomical compared to hardware.

But much like the difference between a physical print and an e-reader, there is just that tactility that hardware offers that you don’t get from a VST lol

My suggestion, if youre gonna spend the money, buy EXACTLY what you want. I tried to cheap out at first and ended up with stuff I just dont use because it wasnt what I wanted.

That’s the sell pile. Well, except for the tracker, I can never decide if I’m selling it or not lol

7 Likes

@Elk_wrath looks like your channel has had some decent growth! Nice work man :facepunch:

2 Likes

Thanks, James!

Good to see/hear from you!

I just got lucky with a particular video, and its for the wrong reasons lmao

But if it is growing, it at least gives me a chance to expose more people to plugin demos I’m prepping for :wink:

4 Likes