Suggestion on espression pedal... curve selection

So I recently got a EV-5 expression pedal to use with my SoftStep. I assign it to the crossfade plugin so I can blend things together. I really dig it. But one thing that is bothering me is that I don’t like the curve it creates. It has a very steep change at the toe. I barely bring it back and it shows as half way on the knob. Then a lot of distance from what is midpoint to the heel position.

When the expression pedal comes out it would be great to have a selection of curves or be able to create our own. Custom would make it very fun… for example having a vibrato effect just going from heal to toe…

…have you calibrated it in the Softstep software? It’s a little tricky to do, but it fixes most issues…

1 Like

yeah. I did the calibration setup. hit the button and moved the pedal back and forth for a few seconds until the editor said it was done.

I found some other USB midi dongle-like things that you can set the curve you want.

Given that the internal logics of the volume pedal are probably based on the same Arduino-shield which will (hopefully) be someday available, I reckon that creating customised curves is possible on the pedal level. But how to flash it?

OTOH, software architecture-wise it would be nicer to take a linear signal and let the Duo convert the received (linear) volume pedal signal to something curvy. Like the USB MIDI dongle you mentioned.

1 Like

Is it possible to show the value of the expression pedal on the screen?

It would be cool that any function assigned should show the value in the screen. For external midi items it can just flash for a few seconds.