This ship is in quarantine :-o

Hello follow MOD users

I sincerely hope every one of you is doing well and managing to stay safe in such delicate times.

The current situation, although dreadful in many ways, provides an opportunity to create a bit more and I wonder what are our distinguished members working on.

The one thing that unites all members of the MOD community, is that we are all creators. The company creates devices, the developers create plugins, sound designers create pedalboards and some of us even create music :wink:

I’d like to share some of what I’ve been playing with on during these times of confinement and I’d like also to hear from the community about how’s everyone juggling with life during this COVID-19 outbreak.

For my weekend I’ve brought the guitar from the office to give it some love - in Brazil we say that the house saint makes no miracles - and also play around with some of the upcoming plugins.

The new cabinets from Forward Audio are total killers.

I’m really into the mid-70’s Zappa guitar sound, with the distorted wah and with this as an inspiration I have a new “favorite” pedalboard using:

• OverTone WAH-1
  • GX Alembic
  • GX CreamMachine
  • Forward Audio Marshall
  • ArtyFX Roomy

It rocks so well. The response of the WAH-1, CreamMachine and faIR Cabinet are quite impressive. Once the Forward Audio cabinets are online I’ll share it.

I’ve added some sequenced drums and, with the aid of the ALO Looper, one can have so much fun :wink:

Every single time I play with the Duo I thank the plugin developers. @brummer @harryhaaren @x42 @mike-overtonedsp @devcurmudgeon @falkTX You guys rock so much !!!

At my place, I need to take care of two young boys and make sure they do not kill each other while I work. I’ve recruited the two for a hip-hop duo, the MODie Boyz, and it seems to be going well. The punk attitude is surely there :wink: I’ll try to share something audible soon.

I am a firm believer that art is what protects mankind from madness. In days like the current ones, when we feel so vulnerable and our daily routines have been totally broken, I find that playing or listening to music is not only pleasant but essential to survival. With this thought in my mind, I hope that what we do at MOD is helping musicians to make through these times of uncertainty.

What about you dear MOD people? What are you guys up to?

Shall we share our pedalboards seriously? :wink:

10 Likes

…just updated everything to 1.9RC3, and about to go into some serious R&D… :thinking:

…but, also: there’s going to be a serious game of Monopoly this afternoon, with ALL the homemade large bills! :wink:

4 Likes

MODie boys lookin’ good!

We’re all going to be in lockdown before this thing is over. It’s starting in Kansas City MO (don’t know about the KS side) on Tuesday. At least we’re all still alive - so far…

I spent most of the day working on this pedal board. It’s basically a MIDI controller built into a snowboard with a MOD DUO as the brain of it all

9 Likes

Hahaha! That looks awesome!

You are going to share your pedalboards of course ? Are you not ?

As soon as we release the Forward Audio cabinets :wink:

2 Likes

@Schwalb this looks so cool! :slight_smile:

do you have a good tutorial for building a midi controller for the MOD DUO?

1 Like

I didn’t work from any specific tutorials, but I think there are many online. I can answer any questions you might have. These projects mainly consist of 2 parts:

1. Building the physical controller and hooking up the buttons, potentiometers and whatever other sensors you want. The easiest would be to use momentary footswitches and hook them up with pullup resistors (or just hook them up directly if you have a microcontroller with internal pullup resistors).

2. Programming a microcontroller to read the buttons and send appropriate midi signals. By far the easiest way to do this is to use a microcontroller that can be programmed with the Arduino IDE. The only thing to look out for is to get a microcontroller that can be detected as a usb midi device. With an Arduino UNO(which is what I used for this) you need to change the firmware to do this. For my next project I’ll probably use an Itsybitsy 32u4 which is cheaper and won’t need the firmware change

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like