If you do an “Update All” while a pedalboard is loaded, it will fail to update any pedals in the current pedalboard. While this is understandable, I think there are a couple of usability issues:
- The error message is displayed very briefly and easy to miss, resulting in the user (me) being confused as to why some pedals still show “New Version”.
- I think it should unload the pedalboard while the update process runs. There should be a confirmation dialog before proceeding in this situation, but I think that’s a reasonable step since users are unlikely to be running updates during a performance situation. This would be similar to the “This action will stop audio” alert that Ableton Live displays when performing certain functions.
How to reproduce
- Make a pedalboard with some pedals that require updates, and keep it loaded.
- Switch to the store and click “Update All”
Expected: prompt, then unload the current pedalboard so the pedals can be updated.
Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.
- release: 1.0
- controller: 582516e
Also provide some information about your system if possible.
- Operating system: Mac
- System version: 10.11.5, Safari 9.1.2
Would you be willing or able to help resolve this issue?
(√ ) Yes
( ) No