User profile? plugin licenses on two devices?

Based on the threads I’ve looked at I’m not quite sure how this would be handled-- I am a Dwarf owner with a bunch of paid plugins, I bought a used Duo X. I am keeping and using both units, is it possible to transfer the licensed plugins I purchased on the Dwarf to my Duo X? I don’t think this Duo X or user had any paid plugins, or if so I would be happy to erase whatever they purchased and replace it with my own licensed plugins.

I’d also be happy if I could basically back up my Dwarf onto the USB drive and then load it all onto the Duo X… is that possible?

Thank you!

As far as I remember, paid plugins are tied to the device on which they are installed, so they cannot be transferred to another device (without help from MOD).

2 Likes

in the past, @falkTX has been happy to extend the licenses to all MOD units owned by one person… but he has to do it - it’s not an end user operation.

and, afaik, it’s not possible to backup/restore between different models of devices.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, I’ll reach out with my serial numbers and see if Falk is willing to do that!

2 Likes

He will help you for sure, he has transfered licences between my dwarf and duox yesterday.

2 Likes

Yup, Falk did it for me too, all good-- except for the premium plugins that came as part of the kickstarter bonuses for the dwarf-- which makes total sense, and I certainly don’t mind getting the creator of the Looperlative (Bob, I think) another payment for his amazing work!!!

4 Likes