V1.3.0 Pre-Release Testing

Good stuff, everything else seems to be working ok.

The only thing I have noticed is that the thumbnails for pedalboards can take a long time to generate.

New build. Now really probably the final one.
http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v1.3.0.291.tar

Changes:

• change/set :bypass and :presets port addressing for pedalboard presets (forgot about this part before…)
  • fix initial modified state

auto-updates are now working for this build.
“Hardware Bypass” plugin works now, just update it first.

regarding missing thumbnails, if you save and shortly after turn off the mod the thumbnail will be missing.

generating those images takes a long time yes, the mod itself is loading a webpage and saving its contents as an image. the current mod duo cpu is terrible for web stuff, and the web interface is not exactly very light at the moment.
we have plans to reduce the need of thumbnail generation (eg, don’t regenerate them if only minor changes were made), then have the cloud render full size screenshot when you share pedalboards (thus removing the need to wait for them).

Ok, just tested v1.3.0.291

Confirmined: works now for me, too.

Regards, Holger[quote=“falkTX, post:42, topic:1055”]
auto-updates are now working for this build.
[/quote]
Ok, works, too.

Yes, works for me, too.

I had a little problem after assigning knob2 for preset switching: The right display on the Mod was a little bit scrambled. I tried to adjust the problem but can’t do this…

Thanks a lot!

Regards, Holger

…just loaded this by auto-update. worked fine.

so far, i’ve just made one simple pedalboard, and everything looks cool. i’ll be getting into it more in the next week…

I tested this again with v1.3.0.291 with my M$-Sidewinder:

• Joystick can be added as MIDI device.
  • Connecting to a synth and trying to use X or Y axis does not produce any pitch or modulation changes.
  • Trying to use MIDI learn seems also not to change anything. No controller is added for a parameter change.

Regards, Holger

Do the buttons send midi notes when pressed?

When starting the Duo, “lsmod” just lists g_ether, but xpad can be loaded with modprobe and then shows up in lsmod. After loading it and pulling the Xbox controller out plugging it back in, dmesg outputs:

[ 375.897636] usbcore: registered new interface driver xpad
[ 541.951892] usb 3-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
[ 548.285065] ehci_irq: port change detect
[ 548.496829] ehci_irq: port change detect
[ 548.556811] The port change to OHCI now!
[ 548.856856] usb 3-1: new full-speed USB device number 3 using sw-ohci

On my Laptop, running Opensuse Leap 42.2, dmesg says:
[319858.025180] usb 2-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 47 using xhci_hcd
[319858.119992] usb 2-1.1: New USB device found, idVendor=045e, idProduct=028f
[319858.119995] usb 2-1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0

For what it’s worth: “lsusb” on the Duo did not recognise any device, either. No device string, no vendor or product ID whatsoever. That’s not a feature, isn’t it?

No… nothing happens. I will try with another joystick (my Sidewinder is about 10 years old - will try with the newer joytick of my son).

Regards, Holger

ok, I can confirm this now.
Fixed with https://github.com/falkTX/nooice/commit/7739c508e199dc04d551a6ddf91d986cef57aff4
Which is a bit weird, maybe the compiler was optimizing it too much…
In any case it works now in build 294, please auto-update and test.

regarding xpad joystick, if /dev/input/js0 does not appear, the joystick won’t work, so no midi device exposed.

Something strange happend while auto-updating: my Mod started the update and than nothing happens for some minutes (from my feeling longer than normal). After some minutes it write somethin like"installing restore-system" on the left screen. After this installation I now have:

http://192.168.51.1/?v=1.3.0.296

Ok… But it seems to work. Now for the joystick:
Can confirm: works (with M$-Sidewinder-Precision-Pro(USB)). Every button does trigger a different MIDI-note and the X/Y-axis is assigned to a (per axis) MIDI-controller. Also the coolie-hat works (X and Y axis act as different MIDI-controllers - but more like a button than a sliding controller, because of it’s design like a button). The throttle poti works also as a controller.

Nice work!

Regards, Holger

You just described the auto-update process for the Duo. :smiley: