[WEB GUI] Unable to shrink back pedalboard once enlarged

Description

If you keep moving items out of the far right/left side of the browser, the pedalboard will keep zooming out without giving the possibility to revert to default zoom area

How to reproduce

1. Keep moving items out of the far right/left side of the browser

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• release: 1.10.1.2234
  • controller: Dwarf

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Windows
  • System version: Windows 10, Firefox 89.0.2 (64-bit)

It seems that Default pedalboard is the base for all new pedalboards which is cool but if you save the default pedalboard when extremely zoomed out, you won’t be able to revert zoom to default for any new pedalboards too.

Are you trying to find a job as QA? :joy:
Jokes asides, yeah, this has been an issue that has been present since forever.

Not particularly easy to solve, unless we add some dedicated action/button/trigger for this…

3 Likes

:rofl: just trying to be helpful

Solved by manually editing this /root/.pedalboards/default.pedalboard/Default.ttl

2 Likes

I think a solution could be to always resize the boundaries to the farthest plugin.

Let’s say the available area is 1000x1000, if I move a plugin to x=1100, the area is automatically resized to (1100+pluginwidth) x 1000. So if I move back the plugin to x=600, the area should be automatically resized to it’s starting default (1000x1000) or 600+pluginwidth x 1000.

I could give a hand with the code maybe.

I think that was attempted before but didnt work very well.
It would need to recalculate bounds everytime a plugin is moved, which is wasteful in terms of CPU.

IMO a small “resize to fit” button might be best.

2 Likes

Yep but automatic recalculation should be done only when the plugin is dropped, not simply moved.

1 Like