WISHLIST PlugIns

Music Pattern Generator v2.2 with Akai LPD8 and Bitwig https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2lsikSYRA :eyes:

1 Like

that doesnt really answer the question. show me someone other than the author doing something a bit complex with that tool please.

1 Like

This is a track I’m working on that has that plonky melody and all of the drum patterns done by MPG:

However, one issue is that MPG has dynamic port configurations (midi out), which is not possible in LV2.

4 Likes

Looks similar to this web app here:

3 Likes

What I’d like to see is an amp profile player plugin. Something like Overloud’s TH-U Rig Player. This will give a huge boost to Dwarf adoption since currently there are no devices on the market with the extreme flexibility of MOD platform (and community) in this price range. Sticking with amp modeler plugins would slow down things (thinking about Neural DSP with just a bunch of amps released over several years). We need mid-top sound quality amps NOW (or near future). An amp profiler plugin will give extreme flexibility and virtually unlimited amps availability.

1 Like

would be great if you write why you think a particular plugin is useful, rather than just post links to it.
thanks

1 Like

Both instruments sound very good and are fun to play.
If you put e.g. “Vowel” on the mod wheel or a LFO the instruments can also start to sing.
The instruments have few control buttons, easy to use/play.
They are ~small programs from @brummer which may make it easier to run them on the mod?

I am intrigued by the pitch and delay manipulation capabilities of the Count to Five pedal by Montreal Assembly. I don’t own one, but when listening to the videos, etc. it seems like it is simply a multitap delay+looper (longer delay times) with reverse, pitch and modulation that reassembles short samples depending upon switch and knob settings… It also appears to be a digital pedal, so ripe for a software emulation on an open source platform like Mod Devices. I don’t know about copyrights, etc., but my interest in this open-source platform is for creative geniuses to take inspiration from the edges of the freaky-pedal-world and either just port them to MOD Devices or LV2 or whatever. Thoughts?

1 Like

A CV/MIDI I/O clock divider/multiplier plugin would be good :sunflower: since you can do musically interesting things with it.

1 Like

You could probably build something very interesting along the Count To Five line using one of the Rackarrack pitch shifting delays, the reverse delay, a longer delay and some CV controlled path switching. If I remember, I’ll have a go :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nice. Even if it’s not the same, it might still be very cool. Thanks!

1 Like

the plugins in question are the Reflector (reverse delay) and the Rakarrak Arpie delay. couple that with the Bollie as your clean delay and you’ll get some fascinating parallel processing going on! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think it would be really terrific if there where some realistic remakes of existing analogue or hybrid synthezisers.

I personally uses Novation Peak a lot.
Like it a lot for pad sounds. Would be nice if there was a remake and I could make patches and store them on the Dwarf. Especially when we can gigg again. And take my gear in just a backpack😊

1 Like

I’ve played a little bit with making soundfonts from my Novation Summit and running those on the DuoX :wink:

It kind of almost worked, however there are many intricacies of a soundfont that make it behave well. It’s quite its own alchemy that needs years of experience to pull of convincingly.

1 Like

With 1.10 out I’m throwing this one out again :wink:
Someone who would like this too?
Or is there something already in development?
I think a Audiorecorder Plugin would be a very useful tool.
Greetings

4 Likes

would that still be the case even considering you can’t add plugins without being connected to a PC?

or do you expect the recording to be a system-level thing?

1 Like

I didn’t consider system level until now, but that would also be great. Like, if you could go into record mode via the system options. Something like pedalboard nav mode, just for recording, which turns the footswitches into record, play and save (on the duo you’d need two functions on one button, like 3 seconds on the play button saves the recording)
What I was initially thinking of was a plugin with a simple gui which has one record, one play and one save button.
The thing about the fourtrack record box was just me reminiscing about the time when I used my dads old Yamaha mt-120 to record my first things :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, that seems indeed like a great thing to add. @jon please take notes :sweat_smile:

For a recorder plugin, something already exists, but we do not have it on our platform yet.
I will add this in as a TODO for myself, should be pretty straight forward to just add it as beta for testing.

8 Likes

Noted!

As a little secret: we already have some internal plans to add a “recorder tool” to the Dwarf in the future. This would then be as easily accessible as launching the tuner tool or the tempo tool.

8 Likes