Chow - Centaur

Ok; it’s going to be a long lunchbreak :smiley:

3 Likes

I love both of them!!

Chow-Centaur and OJD are really great!! Guauuuuu

With them, I just use now the GxAlembic as very CPU friendly Amp Sim. Also I found out, that I like it more when I increase the signal level at the start of the pedalboard (+6-9dB) and decrease it at the end (-6-9dB), so I got more plugin distorton range… (keeping the Input level setting at a safe zone) Even I could get some nice saturation in the GxAlembix je je. Before I was used to do the other way around, to get cleaner tones on the Supersonic…

3 Likes

Kind of sad it’s only available in mono. Wouldn’t it have been better to make a separate mono variant?

1 Like

For me is better at least a mono version which is less CPU hungry. The stereo was too high, I think almost the same as running 2 mono, but you can not do the other way around with only a stereo version…

I didn’t say a mono version would not be useful, just too bad since the OG plugin is stereo and I tend to mostly use stereo chains.
Imo it would’ve been better to make a separate mono version.

Yes of course. Or maybe a mono switch that reduces CPU use…

maybe @falkTX can chime in here.

pushing the mono version was intentional, because LV2 does not have dynamic/runtime IO change and the mono verion runs quite better vs a stereo version.

a separate plugin for stereo can be done if that is something we really want/need.

1 Like

I would’ve done this in reverse, since the upstream plugin is stereo.

But I get that the original pedal was also mono so maybe makes more sense for the typical MOD user.

the upstream plugin adjusts itself automatically to what the host asks, it can both be used in stereo or mono. for a MOD Dwarf the mono version makes more sense in my opinion

1 Like

I’ve tested the Centaur and I like to put it in front of a Mutant Amp.
It “fattens” up the sound a bit.

on cleaner amp settings, it surely brings beef to a sound and it helps in finding the balance between clean definition and dirt.

in short: I like it!

One more thing,

It has been discussed before; what about a pragmatic design style for all plugins that finds the middle ground between identity and pedalboard real estate. This style of deisns + a tiiiiny bit more “identity” works very well for me!

3 Likes