Expression pedal update

visual ASMR

1 Like

Another small update, we have the very first unit assembled now :slight_smile:

After the new samples arrived we are slowly starting to prepare for production. There are still some small things to be sorted on the enclosure here and there, and the device firmware needs some small tweaks to make things run perfectly smooth. Though everything major is in place now!

19 Likes

woah beautiful!

1 Like

YES!!! Great news!

1 Like

I know every one is excited about the hardware BUT is there any news on the dev on the ModduoX expression input? Im guessing its being worked on at the same time

There certainly is! @falkTX has asked users a while ago if they want to participate in some pre release candidate testing in this thread.

To the people who replied there, we have recently released an early release with the CV in and outputs enabled (which includes the expression pedal mode). What we do not have in place yet is the assignment of CV signals to a control (this will not only allow the expression pedal to be assigned but also, for instance, CV lfo’s)

Since we are not only dealing with a new future here, but also with a new type of signal in our system, we want to make sure we get things right, which results in taking some extra care with the testing of things. If you want to participate please send @falkTX a message!

3 Likes

Hi!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!:hugs:

1 Like

This is in regard to the ModduoX, correct? Not the expression pedal?

yes it is, sorry if that was confusing!

Very much looking forward to receiving this. Already getting a bigger physical pedal board for the Duo, Footswitch, and Expression pedal. Very tantalizing pictures!

1 Like

Hi everyone

Hope you’re all set for the Christmas and New Year’s break. I am almost there :wink:

I wanted to share with everyone the latest developments and the status about the Expression Pedal.

As you can see on the teaser videos and images, we have an assembled unit at the office. This unit is almost entirely produced by our chinese metalurgy supplier. The rocking pedal itself is manufactured in Germany.

I sent one sample to China and the asked for a copy. If they managed to send me a perfect copy, I’d move on with production.

Here’s what I got back:

Impressive, isn’t it? :wink: So the production of the rocking pedal will happen in Germany.

I am sorting the surface finishing details so that we do not have discrepancy between the chinese parts and the german parts. We have a new german partner for assembly and they can handle the assembly and fulfilment process.

Production is happening in the following weeks and I’ll have the dates soon. It will largely depend on the capacity of the chinese to deliver before or after their New Year.

I’ll share more news as soon as I have them.

Wish you all a great Christmas and New Year!

Best wishes!

12 Likes

I see that Chinese New Year is Jan 25, but it’s just not a one-day thing, right? Sort like our Christmas/NewYears season here?

Indeed, I think it’s more like a week things, where many go back home.

It is normally a one week long holiday.

They do not split productions for this holiday, so they either start producing before and deliver before or they only start after the holiday.

I’ll have the answers soon.

2 Likes

Getting close. Do you think 2020Q1 is doable, at least for the original kickstarter folks? I’m chomping at the bit to be a beta-tester on this puppy!

2 Likes

Hi,

Friendly bump… :slight_smile:

Whassup?? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still waiting!

Apparently folks all over China - not just Shenzhen - are pretty freaked out about the Coronavirus. Just watched a couple of youtube vids, one from a westerner in Shenzhen, the other from WHO.

So far no reports of transmission via cardboard, metal, electronic parts, packing material…

1 Like

From what I understood, if the virus would be inside the packages somehow, it would not survive the trip to Germany.
The main issue (apart from the virus itself) is how it is affecting workers and their conditions.

Just joking about the transmission via inanimate objects. And I guess all that time in a non-pressurized, cold environment would be tough to survive. Maybe not for a virus, but…