Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Well hot damn,

I suppose I forgot to introduce myself.

My name is Jordan Eihwaz, I post under Elk Wrath on most accounts. It’s a direct translation of my middle name (I guess it could be translated to “moose mood” if you’re pedantic)

I’m pretty new to the music scene, my interest is in synthesizers. I’ve had my synths for about a year or so, but have zero musical training so most of the stuff I enjoy doing is unpalatable for the masses.

When I’m not drooling over gear I can’t afford, or sitting in front of my gear, I blacksmith as my other hobby and have a small forging business.

The majority of my setup consists of the MOD Dwarf, hydrasynth, deepmind 12, make noise triple stand, dreadbox Erebus V3, polyend tracker, and a few others.

I’m still shaky on making music stuff, so I’ll apologize in advance for the outlandish stuff I post. From time to time I actually put a bit of energy into making something palatable for the masses haha

This is a great place to interact, and I’m glad to have snagged a MOD device to be a part of this movement.

Can’t wait to see more from the MOD team, and interacting with you all!
-J

6 Likes

Welcome on board! (officially now :slight_smile: )
It’s being really nice to follow your contributions and engagement with the community over here!
We can’t wait to watch more of your stuff and also to help you with any sort of doubt/question.

There are no apologies needed. This is an open community where everyone wants to grow - including MOD and our products, offers, ideas, etc. - Everyone has always room to grow in a lot of directions and that’s what makes life beautiful :wink:

You probably would teach us huge lessons on this…but believe me that on music you are less of a beginner than you think :wink:

Welcome (officially) to the MOD family :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Jon!

I’ll keep doing my best to help with engagement here and keep jamming with the Dwarf!

1 Like

Nice!
Like the Amon Amarth : :smile: Swedish band.
I use avMXLinux when I play guitar through the Mod/X.
But I still haven’t been able to get Guitarix to work properly…
Any tips/ideas?
Be well

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Steve, aka Tekrytor on other gear forums and aka Elektrik Freddy in Europe and Hayward Johnson in NorCal for my Folkadelic escapades on guitar, mandolin, vocals, and synthesizers. It looks like a really eclectic crew here and I’m honored to be among you. Let’s make some noise!
My Mod Dwarf arrived two days ago and I’m blown away by all of can do. After blasting thru dozens of cool guitar FX, i plugged in a midi controller and jumped into synth mode for some very cool sounds. The fact that i can use one small box as both a very serious multi FX unit and as a midi controller sound module is incredible! Add the open system aspect and the ability to program it myself, makes this the most fantastic gadget I’ve come across in a very long time. Kudos and beers to the makers who gave us this wonderful box and code! Sensational and definitely the best Kickstarter project I’ve found. It took about a year to get mine, but man is it worth the wait!

8 Likes

Hey Steve!

Welcome to the MOD movement!

Glad you are loving your dwarf like I am!

This place is a wealth of knowledge with a great group of people from all sorts of backgrounds.

Thanks for introducing yourself, and please share what you’re doing with your dwarf with us!

Hope all is well!

2 Likes

Hi Elk, good question. What am I doing with my Dwarf? Hmmm. Exploring menus…

I need to ask a few typical new user questions, like where do I begin, user manual, getting started, documentation, links, etc.?

I’m still in that lost on day 2, loving the groovy sounds, state of mind right now.

2 Likes

Hey Steve!

Don’t worry, we have all been there.

Here is the “manual” MOD Wiki

It’s a big work in progress, and new firmware is always coming out, so it changes.

Here is a super basic tutorial I did on how to get sound out and how to map parameters to the hardware.

These might get you pointed in the right direction.

3 Likes

Welcome, Steve! I’m really happy to learn that you are enjoying your MOD Dwarf so much! Really nice to read those words!

Go ahead and ask anything :wink: especially if you don’t find the answer here, in the wiki, or anywhere else. We will take your questions also as feedback to improve our documentation.
And thanks @Elk_wrath for the help welcoming @Steve_Meiers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi folks, just got my Dwarf in the post today - really looking forward to mucking about with it over the weekend

5 Likes

Hi Piers!

Welcome to the forum and the MOD Fam!

Glad that you got your device and I can’t wait to hear what you’re doing with it!

Hope you are well!

1 Like

Hei,

Got the Dwarf since couple of months. It’smy new favourite small setup with only Torso T-1 and itself!
So much still to map and discover!

3 Likes

Hey Roti!

Glad you got your dwarf in!

I am very envious of your T-1 and would love one for my semi modular stuff!

Can’t wait to see what you do with that pairing!

Feel free to ask questions if you need any help with anything, we also have a wiki that goes into detail about the features.

Welcome to the MOD fam!

Hope all is well!

2 Likes

Thanks here is the first pedalboard with this combo.
But should still map many things. All 3 jams are with the same pedalboard.

3 Likes

I’ll give this a listen when I get off work!

Post it in content sharing as well if you feel so inclined!

2 Likes

cool :sunglasses:
Post it also on the Content Exchange thread :wink:

2 Likes

Hej,

just received my Dwarf last week (Kickstarter N°413 with august-september delivery chosen).
I’m really impressed by the build quality and attention to detail. I’ve managed to slim down my pedalboard quite a bit and will eventaully just use the dwart and my midi switcher.
The Software has a learning curve (gain stage, snapshots) but nothing too complicated to not get sorted.

The only issue i havent resolved on my own is how to activate those plugin that were added in the kickstarter campaing. The OverTone ones I see as purchased - the WOV is not. The same with the cabinets. An how do i redeem the credits from the delivery windows chosen. Maybe some of the mods can helb with that @jon ?

Cheers
Sebastian

4 Likes

Welcome to the MOD family Sebastian :slight_smile:
I’m really happy to learn that you are enjoying the MOD Dwarf so much.

That is nothing on your side. Unfortunately, this process is still manual so we are making bulks of devices to license to not drain out all our development resources.
Indeed it’s not ideal, but it is the best for now. Hopefully, soon you will get all those licenses.
Feel free to ask anything and enjoy the community :slight_smile:

Cheers!
João

1 Like

Hi everyone!!! My name is David and i just got from second hand the Mod duo. I was very interested about this device since it born. I am already using my mod duo in my concerts with a pedalbord created for my bass and i am very impressed with the final sound from pedals, amp simulators and cabs!!!. Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Hi David!

Welcome to the MOD family!

Super awesome to hear you are gigging with your duo already, and I can’t wait to see what you are doing with it!

Hope all is well,
-Elk

3 Likes