MOD Duo X - Last mile countdown

no problem there (one warning is regarding the unit having low RNG, but fixable in software, coming later with a kernel update; the other is just a little debug thing)

from the previous output, it seems your midi device is just not recognized at all :frowning:
please try out other usb devices and see if something shows up in dmesg, a usb storage drive likely to result in something.

usb in general works so no direct hardware issue:

[  351.573034] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using xhci-hcd
[  351.715129] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[  351.715659] scsi host0: usb-storage 1-1:1.0
[  352.733645] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access     SCSI     DISK             1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 4
[  352.734635] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 15761504 512-byte logical blocks: (8.07 GB/7.52 GiB)
[  352.734827] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[  352.734832] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
[  352.735022] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page found
[  352.735026] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
[  352.736916]  sda: sda1
[  352.738407] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk

do you have a linux or osx machine you can connect it to?
if you can provide its usb id (something like 046d:c31c) it would be very useful.
perhaps something needs to be enabled in the kernel… maybe that device is not class-compliant?

Definitely not a beta plugin.
Only what was stored in the device at the time of delivery.

both… trying out some stuff.

whats the max current we can take from that usb host port?

okay found the issue: bad usb (power-only) cable… used a different one and it all works :wink:

2 Likes

good to hear, was already making random ideas of what could be going wrong… :sweat_smile:

I see, hopefully with the update next week things will be more stable.
If not, we will figure out something together. I will push the update as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Any news about SPDIF use for the next update?

Can you see a date for enabling the CV in- and output?

1 Like

…i suppose, in theory, that would mean tomorrow… :wink:

Yes, we have everything ready, but experienced some bad weather in the cloud… :cloud_with_rain:
Only meta-data missing, but it is quite important as otherwise it is going to get tricky to find the plugins.
Very likely still happens today, depending on which timezone you are on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Current plan is to release software update to handle SPDIF together with CV, so that would be version 1.8.
We started some tests regarding CV, more information about it coming soon, but we need to investigate more so we can have a proper guess at when the 1.8 update is coming out.

3 Likes

Hello, so I’m finally desperate now and have no idea what it could be that my Duo X freezes after a certain, but indefinable, time!
I have installed the last update and now everything excluded, whether cables, sources, midi, etc. It can now really only on the device itself.
Does anyone else have such problems or am I the only one?
Greetings from Düsenton Studio Berlin

are you able to ping or ssh into the device when it hangs?

If someone tells me that this is possible.
However, I’m not sure if I have the right equipment for it.

sorry to hear that, hopefully we can fix this quickly.
I have no clue what is wrong, as this is unusual. I will write a bunch of questions in a PM, but on Monday if that is okay.

That’s alright, I’m not in Berlin for a few days, but I’m trying to answer your questions in between.
Best regards Doc Slyder.

I think I have something similar to your problem, but mine Mod Duo X is rebooting user interface constantly. And the strange thing is that sound isn’t freezing while controls are unresponsive and screen is showing the logo.

1 Like

if the logo appears again while audio is still playing, it means the core system restarted the screen software. (maybe became unresponsive)
Something unusual is going on… are you using v1.7.1?

As soon as a solution is found we will publish an update. This is quite serious, sorry for that.

1 Like

Hi! Yes, I’m using 1.7.1.705
I will run some more tests, but at this point, here is what I know:

Prorbably there is no interface reboot if there is no input signal. This one I checked just now. 10 minutes without signal and no reboots. Signal connected - reboot on second minute.

On first pebalbord from factory, switching pages triggered this kind of freeze. After the full circle, then you return to page 1 of controls, there were no knobs assigned, device become unresponsive and then reboots after some time.

Hope this will be helpful to fix this issues.
Thanks!

Mine arrived and it’s fantastic build quality. I had a quick look for any X specific docs on the wiki but didn’t find anything. A landing page would be useful at some point; I know there are differences such as arch and those knobs :slight_smile:

Now heading off to try it out.

1 Like