MOD Duo X - Last mile countdown

Oops, I also have rebooting problem. :frowning:

My Duo X keeps resetting every few minutes. The four bottom buttons flash and the home screen shows for a second or 2. If I’m in the tuner it gets confused just before the reset. Time to reset seems random - probably depends on what I play. Like crisespolaris seems not to happen if no input. Same issue with bypass on.

So I unpacked it and plugged in bass to input 1 and plugged in my amp (PJB double 4) and powered up. Went to menu and selected tuner. Started having problems as used it. Get green in/out LEDs when I play a note.

Pointed browser at the embedded server and did the update. - made no difference.

Also getting noticeable processor noise in amp. Very quite, I have silly ears, Worse when hi gain input swiched. Is not input lead as I removed. Turned of computer in case that. Lead from Duo to amp is admittedly long and of unknown quality.

Are there any test you’d like me to run? I am a developer so should be OK however techy you get.

Confirming that no issues happen when there is no input is of great help!

What you see when the leds flash is not actually the unit restarting, but only the screen.
We introduced a way to detect lockups on the top-board chip (that controls the displays), so it would get automatically restarted on that case.
Never expected that it would happen because of audio input. I bet something silly slipped by without being noticed… but it is great to know where to look. Could also be a rogue plugin (present on most factory pedalboards)

We are preparing a v1.7.2 update (which will introduce support for Duo units).
The fix for this audio-input issue will be added there.

3 Likes

Hi! I checked, and the new pedalboard with only one stereo gain is also rebooting screen program (but as I see, not so often as pedalboard with several modules).

i started the basic modx wiki ui:
@falkTX whats the plan here? should we start contributing content there?

https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Main_Page

1 Like

@falkTX

What IS the cause of that LED flash then?
I tried ensuring the 3 modules in the default layout were in bypass but of course that is not same as removing them.
So now your tests are going to get more complicated and require audio input? :slight_smile:
Looking forward to that fix so can use it.

PS can I get notification emails for the forum? Can;t find them.
PPS I’m thinking rubber feet on the bottom edge ofthe case would be useful - have little deskspace and is pretty stable and usable in vertical orientation (LEDs are OK at my viewing angle too).
PPPS Little disapointed no power switch. I get that FX units usally don’t have as you want a single master switch for all on a board. But in my case this is standalone and bright lights in bedroom are a pain. Don;t want to yank out power jack and leave dangling near metal. Not a real proble as I just need to re arrange power strip position and get a switched one.

Cheers

Thanks! D’oh is a wiki so I could have done that rather than just moaning :smiley:

We have @Leo_Germani taking care of wiki things, so I will leave it to him.

It is caused by the top-board chip being restarted.
When it boots up again (which takes only a few seconds), the OS sends the current state to it again and things go back to normal.
Again, this is something that is not supposed to happen in the first place. My hopes was that this trick of top-board chip restart would never be seen. Too late now…

We are trying to reproduce the issue here, but failing hard :frowning:
We noticed some small things along the way (like tuner open and loading a pedalboard via web gui) but not the issue at hand being discussed here.

There is an option in the device system menu called “display brightness”. Might help here :slight_smile:

which === display reset only? That makessense as while I thought the tuner broke it could just be display of the notes.

We are trying to reproduce the issue here, but failing hard

Ug - Works on My Machine is the 2nd worst type of bug - worst being intermittent.

There is an option in the device system menu called “display brightness”. Might help here

I actually just discovered that when exploring the menus. Works a treat. :smiley:

That is correct. Audio and entire pedalboard setup is left intact.

a thought that came to my mind when reading this thread:
could this be caused by some different circumstances in power supply? (wild random guess ;-))

that has come to my mind as well. not completely out of the question just yet.

1 Like

Hi @Steve_Lee,

Feel free to edit the wiki! We will start organizing information around Duo X there.

Note that the chapter of the manual covering the MOD User interface will be the same for both of them. I’m adding this item on the Duo X section.

Also, you can create the links that you think should be there but does not exist yet. This is a good way we can map what must be produced.

Thanks

Aren’t the menu’s different? Or have They changed for both and the wiki is out of date?
https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/MOD_Duo_User_Guide#Adjusting_Volumes

i think he meant the WEB UI, of course the Hardware UI is different :wink:

1 Like

Just wondering if units are still shipping out. I know that they are being delivered in the order of purchase, but what rate are they shipping per day? Is there any way you can disclose how many units were ordered and the rate of units being shipped per week?
I would like to get e bearing on how long I should cool my jets…

2 Likes

good question. I am not totally in the loop, but my guess is that quite soon (a few days) all units will be out of our offices.
was hoping to do a v1.7.2 update with a fix what has been discussed above, but not being able to reproduce makes it quite tricky. I will ask the others about the status to be sure…

To give a point of reference maybe, I ordered mine early October of last year and haven’t received my tracking yet. Maybe the majority of the orders were right at the beginning announcement?

another point of reference: i ordered in mid-june (2018) and don’t yet have tracking notification.

it’d be cool if we could find out our number in the total shipping queue, and if there was a place where an auto-updating post of last number shipped was maintained.

2 Likes