MOD Duo X mk2 and current owners of MOD Duo X mk1

Hi @buyallthesynths

We will maintain both versions. The architecture is the same.

We are still checking financials for an upgrade. First let’s get the platform ready :wink:

More info is coming soon.

9 Likes

Thank you very much for answering/clarifying @gianfranco.

3 Likes

So the ones who have mod duo x limited edittion (like me) wouldn’t be able to update to the final version is that correct?

Technically speaking, the upgrade of the CPU came out of necessity rather than us pushing for more power.
It is a side-effect, though a good one.

So, it’s technically feasible but not something we are capable of having any sort of plans or expectations about right now.

2 Likes

ok let’s get this thing to work first
Thanks

2 Likes

is this the answer we’ve been waiting for?

1 Like

No. That will give you another device, in pedal format, with less power than what you have now.

Hello fellow users

A quick update on this topic.

Since we have now officially launched the Duo X - referred to as mk2 in this thread - and the product is out, with a production process up and running, we have now the opportunity to tackle this matter of the difference between mk1 and mk2.

We are already discussing a solution. Please allow us some weeks and I’ll come back to you guys with a proper proposal.

Rest assured that our ultimate goal is to have a happy user base :wink:

Best wishes

11 Likes

Hi are there any updates on this topic please?

Cheers

2 Likes

How would I tell if I had mk1 or mk2?

Bax are selling the mod duo x, and the internals aren’t listed. Was the mk1 the kickstarter and the mk2 the full release version?

Thanks

The mk1 was the limited edition. The mk2 is the current production edition.

The MkII has a power switch. MkI doesn’t.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.

So Bax are actually selling MK1 versions, as there’s no power switch on the rear.

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/multi-effects-processor/mod-devices-mod-duo-x-standalone-software-audio-processor

I’m not sure about this, but this may be only the version used for the pictures they have.

2 Likes

I have asked them for clarification, however they said they wouldn’t know if it was mk1 or 2.

Its a really good price as well, so I’d like to take advantage if its a mk2!

:blush:

I’m not sure if they have it in stock. If they do, ask them if it has the power switch as @rptl suggested. If they don’t have it in stock you will get the mk2.

2 Likes

I bought my MOD DUO X from Bax and can confirm that it has a power switch on the back. Really enjoying it so far!

4 Likes

They sell the “mk2”. We have never shipped Limited Edition units to distributors.

The pictures are outdated and we’ll ask them to update.

The denomination “mk1” and “mk2” are not oficial and was created by our forum members. There is a Limited Edition that we built in 2019 as a test and that users refer to as “mk1”. There is a big “LIMITED EDITION” written on the bottom cover.

Then the “mk2” the actual retail unit which we are selling right now and we refer to it simply as “Duo X”

There is an internal discussion towards creating an upgrade offer for purchasers of the Limited Edition but, due to COVID and the impacts it is bringing to our supply chain, we have not yet managed to finalize it.

I hope I managed to clarify a bit :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks for Getting back to us MK1’ers
@gianfranco

5 Likes

Thanks. I ordered one, and now have to wait five weeks :smile:

It’s such a good price as well.

1 Like