MOD Duo X mk2 and current owners of MOD Duo X mk1

9 days. i guess its just not high priority.

Right I assumed so. It’s just hard to get info of if it’s still in the works or not for the future or if I missed something.

Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply.

Right now we are super focused on the MOD Dwarf indeed, but we didn’t forget this subject.
We need to find time to discuss the options for you. We promise to get back.

4 Likes

Thank you for the quick update Jon, best of luck with everything on Dwarf!

Find Time?

Just an expression here. We are extremely busy with the MOD Dwarf development at this moment, and as a small team that we are, we still didn’t manage to have the time to give proper attention to this subject lately. As in everything, pandemic and restrictions don’t really supply us with more working time.

2 Likes

Is it possible to schedule a time with the team in the future (sept 1st 2021?) to have a discussion?

Do you mean you with the team or between the team?

Between the team, and then maybe tell us what you guys have “sort of” decided.

As I said before, we didn’t forget the subject and we plan to get back to it and find a solution.

I understand you all are very busy with another product, covid is hindering productivity and scheduling seems to be a difficult task. I’m not asking for a solution to our situation just a commitment to a discussion with the team with a date.

Is it not possible schedule a time with the team? Just to even hash out some ideas?

Of course it is possible to schedule a talk to solve this. But that will require different layers to come together. And in order for us to have any valid discussion of solutions to this matter, other things need to be sorted out. If not it will end up being just a waste of everyones time.
There’s no point to throw a bunch of ideas to the table, when in practical terms we can’t really do it. First we must understand what is doable or not.
The only thing that we are asking is a bit more patience. Hopefully with summer the covid situation will start smoothing and it will get all our work easier with supply chains working properly, shortage on components becoming less of a reality, etc. etc.

I can understand the team’s frustrations on supply chains and if components will fit or work. There are too many factors that hinder the chance of this being doable at the moment and Mk1’ers are to ambiguously wait, till there is a possibility, for this to be a reality.

I appreciate your communication on this matter and I thank you for your time.

1 Like

perhaps this is a bit of a “necrobump”, but i’m just wondering what are the current thoughts from the MOD team about this question.

Didn’t they offer a %50 off option for LE MDX owners a few months back?

That might be what the solution was on their end.

3 Likes

oh, right… you mean this:

…i took advantage of that offer vis-a-vis my Duo, and forgot that it was ~also~ the offer for the Duo X (claimable once per owner of a Kickstarter Duo and/or LE Duo X).

great! thanks, @Elk_wrath for reminding me that i’ve already “taken care of business”! oops. lol.

3 Likes

MOD Duo X - #187 by friedsilence?

2 Likes

indeed. thanks, @James , for the reminder of that offer (which i obviously saw!!)… i’ll definitely keep it in mind!

any idea what is the current timeline on new production units of the Duo X?

2 Likes

We hope to have news soon, but let’s play safe here. Last two years have been hard to fulfil even the most settled expectation. As we all know.

3 Likes

At least software-wise everything seems to be working well.
Which is kinda expected, the rev2 to rev3 duox update is just a change of SoM vendor, from graperain to firefly. I am not too involved in the logistics of such hardware changes, but it seems to me this is quite common thing to happen. Components are swapped around depending on market availability and other factors.

5 Likes