Release 1.1.1

Hello everyone, the first 1.1 bugfix update is here - v1.1.1 aka “All your banks are belong to us” [sic]. :wink:

This bugfix is all about banks in the controller.

We found out that pedalboards loaded via footswitches were loading in the wrong bank (regression from 1.0 as we moved the banks menu to the left screen).

Also there was a possibility of inconsistent state when loading these pedalboards in quick succession.
Now when you press ‘next’ several times very quickly, the MOD will not load a pedalboard you skipped trough, it only loads the last selected one.

We now limit the number of pedalboards per bank shown in the controller to 50, as a precaution against sending too much data to the controller at once. We’ll likely raise or remove this limit later on.

The next time you open the MOD web interface you’ll receive an update notification.
Just click on the tooltip icon in the bottom-right when that happens, then ‘Download’ and finally ‘Upgrade Now’.
Wait for a few minutes while the MOD updates itself automatically. :slight_smile:

For those that like the old way, here’s the download link:
http://download.moddevices.com/releases/modduo/modduo-v1.1.1.tar

And here’s the changelog:

• fix bank id offset when triggered via footswitches
  • fix fast switching of bank pedalboards
    (selected pedalboard is loaded when the current one finishes loading)
  • limit pedalboards per bank in controller to 50

We hope you’re enjoying your MOD Duo.
Please let us know of any issues!

3 Likes

Is there any way to do a full factory reset?

I downloaded the update, but now the duo hangs on boot. Tried holding left knob and footswitch. Most of the time nothing happens, but sometimes I can trigger a reinstall. I then see the following sequence:

1. Red lights come on
  2. CHECKING FILE (left display)
  3. INSTALLING RESTORE
  4. INSTALLING SYSTEM
  5. UPDATING CONTROLLER
  6. Green lights come on
  7. logo booting screen
  8. Green lights flash off
  9. logo booting screen hangs indefinitely

I’ve repeated that sequence half a dozen times.

Any ideas? Really really really loving the duo, except for these system update issues :slight_smile:

Same here. Went back to 1.0.6 and all seems well.

Seems very strange, I never encountered this issue…

@tolmark12
Please roll back manually to 1.0.6 (holding the knob&foot down method).
But before doing anything with the mod at all, share the very first pedalboard that it loads (which will be the last one used).
I’ll boot the mod using that pedalboard as the initial one to see if I can replicate the issue.

Just upgraded via 1.06 to 1.1.1. First time it showed the same hangup as described above but after repeating the process everything seems to be OK.

How do I roll back to 1.0.6, as far as I can tell, I never get that screen where I can select the version, or is there some process I’m forgetting?

See the steps mentioned on this page:
http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

just after “The method for starting this special mode is:

You’ll need a mod update file for 1.0.6, direct link for you:
http://download.moddevices.com/releases/modduo/modduo-v1.0.6.tar

I’ve tried that quite a few times, but the duo never shows up as a mounted drive, and just goes into restore mode as listed out above.

ok, I’m confused here…
You said before:

I’ve repeated that sequence half a dozen times.

But now you say:

I’ve tried that quite a few times, but the duo never shows up as a mounted drive

So how are you forcing the installation if you can’t copy the update file to the Duo?

Sorry for the miscommunication, I should have been clearer, I’ve manually restarted the duo half a dozen times with no other result than the sequence listed my original post. (ie: it never shows up as a mounted drive).

Well, that’s exactly what I’m confused about.
your 1st post mentions “INSTALLING SYSTEM”, but that it’s not possible unless you copy the update file to it (or do the update on the web interface).

In any case, you can use a USB stick to force the reinstall.
Grab a USB and format it as fat32. Copy the modduo-v1.1.0.tar file inside.
Then start the MOD in that ‘force install’ mode with the USB stick connected in the back of the mod.
After the blue leds turn on it should start updating automatically.

FWIW, With my latest try, I saw the same sequence listed in my original post, but at the end, it got stuck in a loop where it would:

1. (Sequence as outlined in original post)
  2. Flash on and off
  3. Show the logo booting screen
  4. Checking file
  5. please wait
  6. (repeat steps 2-6 over and over)

See : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lM5zrTKAM

Cool, I’ll give that a try.

regarding that video… you didn’t read the link on the wiki I posted :wink:

posting here for reference:

1. Turn off your MOD
  2. Hold the left knob and footswitch down
  3. Turn on the MOD (while still holding the knob and footswitch down)
  4. Wait 5 seconds and let go of the knob and footswitch

you need to hold the buttons down to force a reinstall.

Those are the instructions I’ve followed :wink:

I’m a developer as well, and understand / sympathize with the tendency to assume users are incompetent :slight_smile: . I’ve recorded a full video of what I’m doing / seeing.

The process I’m undertaking and the results are the same I’ve experienced from the beginning. The only difference here is that I’ve plugged in a FAT formatted usb stick loaded with the v1.1.1 tarball, but that didn’t seem to change anything. (Also tried loading the stick with v1.0.6).

Sorry I didn’t mean to sound like that, but you seem to understand :slight_smile:
Thanks very much for the video, I can see that you’re following all the steps correctly.

Please get 1.1.1 in there, and see if MOD appears as a network interface after boot (yes, even if the mod duo logo doesn’t change).
If a network interface appears we should be able to login via ssh, then delete everything inside /data/ folder.
If not, we’re going to have to do a full software reset.